Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
How can you hate someone you do not know? I have always found this interesting. People hate the Boston Bombers, they hate Obama, they hated Bush, etc. Is it just a word we throw around or do you really feel hate for these people?
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
stormcris
by Christy on May. 1, 2013 at 2:58 AM

"A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledgehammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic," Orwell

Hate is all about personal perception and a need to direct all the negative emotions that said person has pent up inside them. The directive of a negative perception allows one to direct it and release it. There is a very thin line between love and hate and although opposite ends of the spectrum with the duality of nature one's ability to hate is as great as their ability to love. It matters not where you know a person, or not it is your perception not anything really to do with the person that dictates how you respond. Hate is all about self.

romalove
by Roma on May. 1, 2013 at 5:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Wow.

You are slamming fellow Christians.

That's not very nice.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Good question.  I've been called a hater because I am a Christian and call sin sin.

These people don't know me, they just hate what I stand for.  They hate my values, my principles and what I believe. 

There are lots of Christians who are not called "haters".  

What do you think the difference between them and you is?

They stay quiet and never speak up.  They are weak, I am bold.  I call sin sin and stand up for what I believe.  I cannot remain silent in the face of evil and wickedness. 

If that makes people hate me, then so be it.

No I'm not---I'm not speaking to anyone in particular, but if someone will not speak out and stand up for their beliefs, then they are weak in their witness for Christ. 

Christians who remain silent in the face of evil are doing wrong.  Plain and simple. 

The reason some hate me around here is because I oppose abortion, same sex marriage, handouts to able-bodied people, gun rights and a few other conservative values.  I stand up for what I believe in and don't just accept the things that God calls wrong. 

If that makes me a homophobe or a right-wing zealot, or a hater, fine.  Good.  Call me what you want---I'm not out to please these women in here, I must please my God. 

I stand up for what I believe, too.

And you are slamming fellow Christians if they don't believe exactly as you do.  There are many denominations of Christian, as you know, and you don't all agree on everything.

I'm glad you're OK with being called a hater or a zealot.  I'm not calling you anything (other than a fellow Christian slammer lol) but given your position, others certainly will.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Wow.

That's not very nice.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Good question.  I've been called a hater because I am a Christian and call sin sin.

These people don't know me, they just hate what I stand for.  They hate my values, my principles and what I believe. 

They stay quiet and never speak up.  They are weak, I am bold.  I call sin sin and stand up for what I believe.  I cannot remain silent in the face of evil and wickedness. 

No I'm not---I'm not speaking to anyone in particular, but if someone will not speak out and stand up for their beliefs, then they are weak in their witness for Christ. 

Christians who remain silent in the face of evil are doing wrong.  Plain and simple. 

The reason some hate me around here is because I oppose abortion, same sex marriage, handouts to able-bodied people, gun rights and a few other conservative values.  I stand up for what I believe in and don't just accept the things that God calls wrong. 

If that makes me a homophobe or a right-wing zealot, or a hater, fine.  Good.  Call me what you want---I'm not out to please these women in here, I must please my God. 

And you are slamming fellow Christians if they don't believe exactly as you do.  There are many denominations of Christian, as you know, and you don't all agree on everything.

I'm glad you're OK with being called a hater or a zealot.  I'm not calling you anything (other than a fellow Christian slammer lol) but given your position, others certainly will.

This isn't about denominations, it's about hating sin and choosing to do what is right instead of what is popular. 
That shouldn't only be a "Christian thing" anyway

romalove
by Roma on May. 1, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Wow.

That's not very nice.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

This isn't about denominations, it's about hating sin and choosing to do what is right instead of what is popular. 

Doing what's right isn't a Christian thing.

But I do what I think is right and often it's in opposite of what you think is right.

That's why it's about denominations.  They think they are as right as you are.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Wow.

That's not very nice.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

But I do what I think is right and often it's in opposite of what you think is right.

Ok.  So?  lol

romalove
by Roma on May. 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Wow.

That's not very nice.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Ok.  So?  lol

I can't make you see the point if you don't, but I did try.  :-)

romalove
by Roma on May. 1, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I think people have a hard time deciphering between hate, non-belief and judgement.

I may judge someone's action i.e. I do judge mom's who smoke around their kids but I do not hate. As a nurse, I have strong opinions on certain things but I do not hate someone because of their choices even when I really believe they are wrong.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I think it has to do with the thinness of the skin.  :-)

JTROX
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Just because you don't support another's choices doesn't mean you hate them.

romalove
by Roma on May. 1, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Quoting JTROX:

Just because you don't support another's choices doesn't mean you hate them.

This is true.

When you act towards denying them the same rights you have, though, because you don't like their "choices" (what a crappy word to veil what we are really talking about here), others may view that as hateful.

Even if you do it with a heart full of love.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok. I am just the opposite but my outlook isn't based in religion.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

You never see the "gray areas" of situations?  Is everything right or wrong?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

There is good and evil, right and wrong.  You're correct, there are no grey areas in my outlook.  I stand up for my convictions and will take my truth to my grave.  God's word is God's word and I will stand upon it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN