Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
How can you hate someone you do not know? I have always found this interesting. People hate the Boston Bombers, they hate Obama, they hated Bush, etc. Is it just a word we throw around or do you really feel hate for these people?
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
punky3175
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh it was most definitely directed/about you. But like I said - I don't hate you. I find the personality you portray on here disgusting. Doesn't mean I hate you. You aren't worth my time. And you demonstrate that personality of yours I find so disgusting every time you post your 'anti-liberal' or 'anti-choice' "funnies". Is it judgmental of me? It could be looked at that way - I've made a judgment of you after over a year on this board and time in your separate group that you are incredibly fake, materialistic and try to be a dictator at home. That's not the kind of person I get along with so I don't associate with them..

Do I think I'm better than you? Nope - just more accepting because I listen to MY Divine and don't take it upon myself to try and tell others they are wrong in their beliefs.

And please (oh please, please, please) tell me what 'my kind is.' Accepting of others? I accept you for who you are - I just choose not to associate with you because I find your personality and close-minded disgusting. Doesn't mean I hate you. I think you have enough hate for everyone on this board. And if you aren't full of hate why all the attacks on those who think differently than you? And yes, your hateful memes are a form of attack.

Quoting toomanypoodles: 
Quoting punky3175:Ok - I've read through and just 'wow' and some people's arrogance and 'holier than thou-ness.' I'm glad my world comes in all kinds of shades of grey. The beauty of having a truly open mind. :-)
 lol....read thorough the posts and found...not much but Roma and me battin' back and forth.  I guess you're referring to arrogant, holier than thou me.  lol
That's okay.  Not everyone likes my style--or my God like I do.  ;)
I don't suppose you see your words as judgmental and hateful, right? 
No, your kind never do. 
The mind can get filled with all sorts of ridiculous garbage when it hangs open like that. 
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Let me ask you this... If you never see the gray areas in life, does this also mean you lack sympathy or empathy for people who "sin"? For example, if a young girl is raped by her father ad has an abortion, do you feel no sympathy for her? I know you believe abortion is a sin. I am not asking if it is justified. I am talking about your feelings towards the young girl. Or does the sin of abortin override your possible sympathy?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Ok. I am just the opposite but my outlook isn't based in religion.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

You never see the "gray areas" of situations?  Is everything right or wrong?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Good question.  I've been called a hater because I am a Christian and call sin sin.

These people don't know me, they just hate what I stand for.  They hate my values, my principles and what I believe. 

There are lots of Christians who are not called "haters".  

What do you think the difference between them and you is?

They stay quiet and never speak up.  They are weak, I am bold.  I call sin sin and stand up for what I believe.  I cannot remain silent in the face of evil and wickedness. 

If that makes people hate me, then so be it.

There is good and evil, right and wrong.  You're correct, there are no grey areas in my outlook.  I stand up for my convictions and will take my truth to my grave.  God's word is God's word and I will stand upon it. 

Mine is.  100%.  lol

kidlover2
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Pride comes before a fall.... I don't know you. I have seen you on various posts. I know that you have convictions and a strong sense of right and wrong. That's good. I find that the most interesting Christians are the ones focused so much on others that they forget to take a look at themselves. How many people have you brought to Christ with your message? How many people have you convinced that they are wrong? Is your method working or are you following in the Pharisees footsteps. They were good people too with strong values and convictions.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting punky3175:

Ok - I've read through and just 'wow' and some people's arrogance and 'holier than thou-ness.' I'm glad my world comes in all kinds of shades of grey. The beauty of having a truly open mind. :-)

lol....read thorough the posts and found...not much but Roma and me battin' back and forth.  I guess you're referring to arrogant, holier than thou me.  lol

That's okay.  Not everyone likes my style--or my God like I do.  ;)

I don't suppose you see your words as judgmental and hateful, right? 

No, your kind never do. 

The mind can get filled with all sorts of ridiculous garbage when it hangs open like that. 

punky3175
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Bump. :-)
Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I can not think of anyone I care enough about to waste energy hating them. The opposite of love isn't hate, it is indifferent. 

And yeah, I am pretty indifferent of these people. I mean, I respect one of them, I have healthy amount of distrust for one, and I am indifferent to the other.

DragonInfinity
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM

There is one person in my life that I have felt PURE hate towards. I've had to work very hard to distance myself from the horrible things he did to our family that led me to feel such deep seated disdain for him so I could move to a place of indifference! Strangers? I don't hate them, I may dislike them for something they did.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

Tag3.0
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:07 PM

The word is overused

survivorinohio
by René on May. 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Wow.

You are slamming fellow Christians.

That's not very nice.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Good question.  I've been called a hater because I am a Christian and call sin sin.

These people don't know me, they just hate what I stand for.  They hate my values, my principles and what I believe. 

They stay quiet and never speak up.  They are weak, I am bold.  I call sin sin and stand up for what I believe.  I cannot remain silent in the face of evil and wickedness. 

No I'm not---I'm not speaking to anyone in particular, but if someone will not speak out and stand up for their beliefs, then they are weak in their witness for Christ. 

Christians who remain silent in the face of evil are doing wrong.  Plain and simple. 

The reason some hate me around here is because I oppose abortion, same sex marriage, handouts to able-bodied people, gun rights and a few other conservative values.  I stand up for what I believe in and don't just accept the things that God calls wrong. 

If that makes me a homophobe or a right-wing zealot, or a hater, fine.  Good.  Call me what you want---I'm not out to please these women in here, I must please my God. 

I dont have to condemn others to be strong both of mind and faith.  Weak isnt a very nice word.  As a Christian it is my duty to share the Love of Christ not to call someone out for the sin in their lives.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Della529
by Matlock on May. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM

How does that feel?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Serious question:

Are you aware that polarized thinking is a type of cognitive distortion, and not in the least healthy?

Do you see people as all bad or all good? For instance, if a person steals something, are they a bad person in your eyes, or could they be a good person who did something immoral?

From what I have seen of your posting, you seem to really be into devaluing people, finding one thing you disagree with in a person that automatically makes them a bad person in your eyes.
Quoting toomanypoodles: 
Quoting Debmomto2girls:
 You never see the "gray areas" of situations?  Is everything right or wrong?
Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

There is good and evil, right and wrong.  You're correct, there are no grey areas in my outlook.  I stand up for my convictions and will take my truth to my grave.  God's word is God's word and I will stand upon it. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)