Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

His, Mine... but what about Ours?!

So here's the scoop: My husband and I have been together for 5 1/2 years. We recently (3/23/2013) got married, but it was really more a formality... neither of us are going anywhere :-) we had a big amazing wedding! Anyway- we have 6 children between the 2 of us. 3 are mine- 1 from my 1st love & 2 from my ex husband (10, 7, & 5) and he has 1 biological son from his ex wife and 2 boys of hers that he has been raising ad his own since they were 6 mo.& newborn (16, 15, 14). We love them all and treat them all equally. This is where things get tough... lol. I personally want to make sure that we have all the life experiences together as we can. We have had a wedding and bought a house and are raising our children. (Back story- mine were 4, 2 & 3 months when we met). Now here's the dillemma... 6 kids is a lot. we only have mine full time, his are every other weekend. He is 39 and I am 29. I am torn with the fact that even though we had my littlest together as a newborn, that we will never get to share the pregnancy/birth experience together. It really makes me sad. I know that the age difference plays a factor but he said he's too old for more kids. I really want to have our time as a couple without kids someday, but I don't want to miss out on anything either. I haven't told him that I'm even considering another baby at this point, because I'm afraid of what his response will be. Not afraid- he would do it if I asked... but I don't want to be selfish. I don't want to take away from the 6 we have for us to have this experience. All my other kids were brought into this world in such messed up situations and I'd like to have just 1 planned child brought into a home of love! What do I do, ladies?! Any advice is welcome, but please be constructive, not critical ;-) Thanks in advance!
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Replies (11-11):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Like others have said no one can give you advice in this matter.  this is something you need to discuss and decide with your husband.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN