Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia sent a written warning about accused Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2012, long before pressure-cooker blasts killed three and injured hundreds, according to a senior Saudi government official with direct knowledge of the document.

The Saudi warning, the official told MailOnline, was separate from the multiple red flags raised by Russian intelligence in 2011, and was based on human intelligence developed independently in Yemen.

Citing security concerns, the Saudi government also denied an entry visa to the elder Tsarnaev brother in December 2011, when he hoped to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, the source said. Tsarnaev's plans to visit Saudi Arabia have not been previously disclosed.

My personal opinion is that they are going to uncover some rather widespread links in this case and our security systems are going to get a spanking.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on May. 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes, we have. And the people just keep letting it happen. When I hear folks on here say stuff like "let them search your house without a warrant. If you have nothing to hide, why do you care?" it makes my blood boil. 

As Ben Franklin once said, "those who value security over liberty deserve neither. "

Quoting Lorik1969:

We're not any safer, but we've lost a lot of liberties. I have to wonder if the government will use this latest attack as a reason to further shred the constitution.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Oh my Bob, we actually agree on something. I think I hear hell freezing over. LOL

But yes, all of this. Our security is a joke. It's not really a deterrant to anything, but rather a false illusion to make people think they're safe. We are no more safer now than we were before 9/11.

Quoting Carpy:

I think our security is to much based on reactionary behavior.  We could learn a lot from Israel.

Quoting Woodbabe:

So while we're ignoring actual intelligence information on real terrorist the rest of us are still getting catheters ripped out by TSA...

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a lot of International friends and they were pretty horrified at people being forced out of their homes at gun point in Boston while they were searching for the bomber. People gave up all their rights in the interest of "safety."

Quoting cjsbmom:

Yes, we have. And the people just keep letting it happen. When I hear folks on here say stuff like "let them search your house without a warrant. If you have nothing to hide, why do you care?" it makes my blood boil. 

As Ben Franklin once said, "those who value security over liberty deserve neither. "

Quoting Lorik1969:

We're not any safer, but we've lost a lot of liberties. I have to wonder if the government will use this latest attack as a reason to further shred the constitution.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Oh my Bob, we actually agree on something. I think I hear hell freezing over. LOL

But yes, all of this. Our security is a joke. It's not really a deterrant to anything, but rather a false illusion to make people think they're safe. We are no more safer now than we were before 9/11.

kaylasmom22
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM
This country is so focus on making our lives miserable,they forget to follow up on real threat. They are more worried about the bottle of hairspray people take on planes than facts about people who can really harm us.
Lorik1969
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I read an article on the BBC about a report released in the US. I really wish I had bookmarked it. Anyway, the government was forced, under the freedom of information act, to release a list of "buzz" words that they moniter computers for. There were hundreds of words, many of them regular everyday words. You can bet if you've ever typed about dissatisfaction with our government on your computer, they have a file on you. I read a joke, sort of, that said 1984 was never meant to be a manual. George Orwell may have missed it by a few years, but Big Brother is coming.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting Lorik1969:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting Carpy:

I think our security is to much based on reactionary behavior.  We could learn a lot from Israel.

Quoting Woodbabe:

So while we're ignoring actual intelligence information on real terrorist the rest of us are still getting catheters ripped out by TSA...

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I am having some serious issues with agreeing with the lefties on here lately.  Beginning to scare me. LOL

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Meadowchik
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I just hope that we will know and continue to learn the facts.

Lorik1969
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I was the same way a few years ago. You get used to it lol!

Quoting Carpy:

I am having some serious issues with agreeing with the lefties on here lately.  Beginning to scare me. LOL

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Woodbabe:

jllcali
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Was the older brother already in the country when this letter was received?
tooptimistic
by Kelly on May. 1, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I think the Obama adminstration is already doing their best to cover it up.

I think its why there was the delay in getting out the pictures to catch these two. I wonder if they weren't doing damage control because they knew they dropped the ball.

Quoting Meadowchik:

I just hope that we will know and continue to learn the facts.

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM

We should have learned from 9/11 and even before, but we haven't.

None of this surprises me. I have never felt that this was some random act by two young men who got a wild hair one day...........etc................and as some originally speculated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN