Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia sent a written warning about accused Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2012, long before pressure-cooker blasts killed three and injured hundreds, according to a senior Saudi government official with direct knowledge of the document.

The Saudi warning, the official told MailOnline, was separate from the multiple red flags raised by Russian intelligence in 2011, and was based on human intelligence developed independently in Yemen.

Citing security concerns, the Saudi government also denied an entry visa to the elder Tsarnaev brother in December 2011, when he hoped to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, the source said. Tsarnaev's plans to visit Saudi Arabia have not been previously disclosed.

My personal opinion is that they are going to uncover some rather widespread links in this case and our security systems are going to get a spanking.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Yep

Quoting punky3175:

More evidence (in my mind) there are too many government agencies in this country with pretty much the same mission. It's quite possible that there was no information sharing between FBI and DHS to make a connection that it wasn't just one entity who was watching the older brother.

Great way to reduce spending - consolidate the fricking agencies.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Yes since he was, what?  15 when he came here?

Quoting jllcali:

Was the older brother already in the country when this letter was received?

jllcali
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I wonder because if he was out of the country when the letter was received, then authorities could have prevented him from re entering. But if he was already in the country, kicking him out may have been harder. Not sure what the deportation rules are, and we don't know exactly what the letter stated.

Quoting Carpy:

Yes since he was, what?  15 when he came here?

Quoting jllcali:

Was the older brother already in the country when this letter was received?

DSamuels
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm beginning to wonder how long this plan (the bombing) was in the making.

Krauthammer had a really good point last night on O'Reilly's show. The family lived here claiming asylum. You only get asylum if you're fearful of your home country. If you're that fearful that you can't live in your home country, why would you go back there on vacation?

First time they went back, they should never have been let back in our country. You would have thought they would have been picked up by their own country when they went back too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM

a lot of people have been bothered by that, where ya been?

Quoting Woodbabe:

So while we're ignoring actual intelligence information on real terrorist the rest of us are still getting catheters ripped out by TSA...

Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I don't understand what you're talking about.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Woodbabe:

So while we're ignoring actual intelligence information on real terrorist the rest of us are still getting catheters ripped out by TSA...

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Wasn't the DHS created to put on end to all that mess?

They oversee all the agencies and (supposedly) make sure all is shared.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Yep

Quoting punky3175:

More evidence (in my mind) there are too many government agencies in this country with pretty much the same mission. It's quite possible that there was no information sharing between FBI and DHS to make a connection that it wasn't just one entity who was watching the older brother.

Great way to reduce spending - consolidate the fricking agencies.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Interesting

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

We don't need to learn, we know what to do, we need to stop pandering to protected classes.

Quoting Carpy:

I think our security is to much based on reactionary behavior.  We could learn a lot from Israel.

Quoting Woodbabe:

Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Hitting the bottle this morning or is this just random picking at me? 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Interesting

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN