Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia sent a written warning about accused Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2012, long before pressure-cooker blasts killed three and injured hundreds, according to a senior Saudi government official with direct knowledge of the document.

The Saudi warning, the official told MailOnline, was separate from the multiple red flags raised by Russian intelligence in 2011, and was based on human intelligence developed independently in Yemen.

Citing security concerns, the Saudi government also denied an entry visa to the elder Tsarnaev brother in December 2011, when he hoped to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, the source said. Tsarnaev's plans to visit Saudi Arabia have not been previously disclosed.

My personal opinion is that they are going to uncover some rather widespread links in this case and our security systems are going to get a spanking.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
RandRMomma
by Maya on May. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I agree.

Quoting punky3175:

More evidence (in my mind) there are too many government agencies in this country with pretty much the same mission. It's quite possible that there was no information sharing between FBI and DHS to make a connection that it wasn't just one entity who was watching the older brother.

Great way to reduce spending - consolidate the fricking agencies.
punky3175
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM
And they are probably the most guilty of not sharing information they have but also 'stealing' information from other agencies and claiming it as their own. They really are a useless accent. The employees could be absorbed into other agencies and 'DHS' done away with and the country would be better off.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Wasn't the DHS created to put on end to all that mess?

They oversee all the agencies and (supposedly) make sure all is shared.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Yep

Quoting punky3175:

More evidence (in my mind) there are too many government agencies in this country with pretty much the same mission. It's quite possible that there was no information sharing between FBI and DHS to make a connection that it wasn't just one entity who was watching the older brother.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on May. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I didn't say that quite right..

When they realized who it was, and they had been warned by other countries, they stalled a little bit to see if they could put a different spin so it wouldn't look so bad for them. 

This looks like the second terrorist attack on Obama's watch that could have been prevented.

Quoting RandRMomma:

So, now the Obama administration is involved in a huge cover up?

My lord.

Quoting tooptimistic:

I think the Obama adminstration is already doing their best to cover it up.

I think its why there was the delay in getting out the pictures to catch these two. I wonder if they weren't doing damage control because they knew they dropped the ball.

Quoting Meadowchik:

I just hope that we will know and continue to learn the facts.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM

hardy the first one.

My Lord, indeed.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

My lord.

Quoting tooptimistic:

I think its why there was the delay in getting out the pictures to catch these two. I wonder if they weren't doing damage control because they knew they dropped the ball.

Quoting Meadowchik:

DSamuels
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM
That was the plan.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Yep

Quoting punky3175:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Help me remember, that worked pretty well under the previous administartion, there were no successful attacks after that, no?

It wasn't until the next administration took over that we were subject to successful attacks again, is that right?

Quoting DSamuels:

That was the plan.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Yep

Quoting punky3175:

RandRMomma
by Maya on May. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Oh brother.

You're so quick to blame the POTUS, huh? Tell me, do you blame Bush for the 9/11 attacks? Surely someone that allegedly had knowledge of the attacks before they were carried out should be blamed. At least, that'd be in accordance with your line of thought.

Quoting tooptimistic:

When they realized who it was, and they had been warned by other countries, they stalled a little bit to see if they could put a different spin so it wouldn't look so bad for them. 

This looks like the second terrorist attack on Obama's watch that could have been prevented.

Quoting RandRMomma:

My lord.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting Meadowchik:

RandRMomma
by Maya on May. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Prove it.

Quoting Billiejeens:

hardy the first one.

My Lord, indeed.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

My lord.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting Meadowchik:

tooptimistic
by Kelly on May. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

LOL..I blamed the adminstration not him directly.

They got credible information, credible warnings, that were ignored.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Oh brother.

You're so quick to blame the POTUS, huh? Tell me, do you blame Bush for the 9/11 attacks? Surely someone that allegedly had knowledge of the attacks before they were carried out should be blamed. At least, that'd be in accordance with your line of thought.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting RandRMomma:

My lord.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

What is with the Oversized Pink Ghetto Low Self Esteem font most of the Obamabots use?

So annoying.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Prove it.

Quoting Billiejeens:

hardy the first one.

My Lord, indeed.   

Quoting RandRMomma:

My lord.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)