Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

12-Year-Old Injured After School Principal Paddles Him

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 78 Replies

12-Year-Old Dalton Day Injured After School Principal Paddles Him

article image
By Evan Bleier, Tue, April 30, 2013

The parents of a Texas middle school student believe their son was injured when he was struck with a paddle by his school's principal.

Dalton Day's parents say their son suffered a dislocated tailbone and severe bruising after the principal of Nottingham Middle School in Dayton, Texas, paddled him.

Lisa Day, the boy's mother, says she got a phone call on Friday about her son misbehaving and shoving another student. Lisa gave her permission for the paddling to take place. She wasn't prepared for the results.

"I'm devastated," said Lisa. "He pulled his pants down and what I saw was the paddle board across his bottom." Lisa says that her son was bleeding and that she has photos and x-rays to prove the damage that was done to her son's backside.

Parents have the right grant their permission for corporal punishment at the school.

"I gave him permission," she said. "I expected maybe a red bottom but not this excessive." Lisa said that Dalton had been paddled before and that the results were much less severe. "The same man popped Dalton once before but it was fine," she said.

According to 12-year-old Dalton, the principal used a paddle made out of wood wrapped in blue electrical tape. The young man thinks the paddle was about an inch think and 18 inches long. Dalton says he was hit hard, Click 2 Houston reported.

"I looked back and he was standing in a baseball stance," said Dalton. "He swung with both hands."

"Dayton ISD is doing an investigation into a parent's report about their 6th grade student receiving corporal punishment at school. They allege that the pops were excessive in nature and that their child was injured. As soon as the investigation is complete, more information will be available," Dayton Independent School District said in a statement.

Sources: Click 2 Houston, ABC 13

by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
21 moms liked this

Honestly,  if you're stupid enough to grant someone else permission to beat your child with a wooden bat I think YOU are responsible for any consequences.     

IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

clapping 

Quoting SuperChicken:

Honestly,  if you're stupid enough to grant someone else permission to beat your child with a wooden bat I think YOU are responsible for any consequences.     

romalove
by Roma on May. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
3 moms liked this

I would NEVER give permission for the school to administer any kind of corporal punishment to my child.

That mother should be paddled.

OwlNuggets
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

"Oh my god, I know they use a wooden paddle and all but I didn't think it would be THAT BAD!"

For fucking REAL lady?
How about you let ME paddle YOUR ass with it and we'll compare results to your son's. Biiitch! 

SecularMomma
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

How in this day and age does something like this happen?? People are so dumb with their kids.

greenie63
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Corporal punishment needs to be illegal in schools. I'm very glad it's not legal in my state! Why anyone thinks hitting a child is beneficial is beyond me. 

Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM
5 moms liked this

I support school paddling but this was obviously excessive. I hope he's prosecuted!

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM
7 moms liked this

Maybe Dalton will behave now.

x_Starr_x
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Someone touches my kids ill break there necks
talia-mom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Then do not say it is okay

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Someone touches my kids ill break there necks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN