Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*pics* post a picture of your most prized posession, and tell us about it!

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

This is my most prized posession...a valley tiger pool table.

I practice for hours a day on this baby, and pool is my passion.

What is your most prized posession?
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Then, when my ex husband and I separated, he threw her to the ground.  Swept up the pieces and threw her in the trash.

I still get so upset and cry.  I miss her.  

I want to kick your ex in the balls and give him my best knee to his face.

is that wrong?

No, it is not wrong at all.

I was trying to find a photo of her.  I know, some where, I have one.  But honestly, it just makes me cry so hard that I gave up looking for now.

Recently, when my daughter and I were in the process of moving, I turned to her and told her not to touch my doll, I would move her myself.  Then I stopped, just standing there............she came up and gave me hug, not saying a word.

I will never get over it.

Peanutx3
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you.  He wasn't military but a firefighter but he touched many lives in his 13 year career.

Quoting secondboy2012:

:( I thank him for his service.

Quoting Peanutx3:

Mobile Photo

Second it would be the flag presented to me at his memorial service.

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Your ex sounds like a horrible human being. Hope you don't mind me saying that.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My most prized possession was a porcelain doll my Grandmother made long before I was even born.

When I was little, I would sit and look at her, talk with her, she would talk back to me.  I was not allowed to ever touch her.

She was a Southern Belle, with a beautiful yellow dress with lace and lace and more lace.  The held a parasol that was stunning.

She had 24k gold weaved in to the lace, on the parasol, her ring and other areas.  

When I was in the 4th grade and in the hospital for my appendix, my Grandmother gave her to me.

I took exceptional care with her.  When I moved, I hand carried her myself.  When I moved to Okinawa, she remained with my sister as I did not want any thing to happen to her.  My children never touched her.  No one did.

Then, when my ex husband and I separated, he threw her to the ground.  Swept up the pieces and threw her in the trash.

Peanutx3
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

is that wrong?

I was trying to find a photo of her.  I know, some where, I have one.  But honestly, it just makes me cry so hard that I gave up looking for now.

Recently, when my daughter and I were in the process of moving, I turned to her and told her not to touch my doll, I would move her myself.  Then I stopped, just standing there............she came up and gave me hug, not saying a word.

:( this is making me cry.  

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM
4 moms liked this

Hell, no, not at all wrong.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

is that wrong?

katy_kay08
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think I have a prized possession.  My passion is reading and knitting.   Knitting is what has led me to build new friendships and connections and I am so thankful for it.  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

is that wrong?

:( this is making me cry.  

Don't cry.  I'm sorry.

I thought of not even posting about her as it breaks my heart, makes me angry and yes, I cry like a damn child.  But she was so beautiful and so important to me.  The one thing I managed to keep from my childhood.  She meant every thing to me and he knew it.  

The thought of never having her again is something I can't get past.  I realize that is not healthy but I just can't find a way.

The day he told me (I knew from day one but he lied directly to myself and our daughter, saying I must have taken her as I would never be without her) to my face, he had on his sunglasses.  He refused to take them off and look me in the eye.  It was over a year later when he finally told me.  It honestly took all I had not to hit him.  We were standing in the parking lot of the clinic on base and our daughter was there.  He had a friend with him.  He knew I would be upset.  I just cried, could not help it, and told him he is the worst kind of human being and walked away.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM

The white candles in the colored holders represent the elements. Usually I have a white pillar candle in the center...that represents spirit and myself. Salt represents Earth and is protective. I have a shell and a couple moonstones that I collected from my favorite beach. A citrine-never needs to be cleansed and has cleansing properties. The celestite (te pretty blue crystal) reuces anxiety. Full moon water in the bottle on the left. The Goddess there is a candle holder/incense burner. In that little pouch are my pendulum and tarot cards. 

Quoting Jack_Squat:

That's neat! Could you explain what all the stuff is?

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Mobile Photo

My personal altar. I couldn't do without it.

katy_kay08
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I still can't stand that man.  He really is a bastard.  

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My most prized possession was a porcelain doll my Grandmother made long before I was even born.

When I was little, I would sit and look at her, talk with her, she would talk back to me.  I was not allowed to ever touch her.

She was a Southern Belle, with a beautiful yellow dress with lace and lace and more lace.  The held a parasol that was stunning.

She had 24k gold weaved in to the lace, on the parasol, her ring and other areas.  

When I was in the 4th grade and in the hospital for my appendix, my Grandmother gave her to me.

I took exceptional care with her.  When I moved, I hand carried her myself.  When I moved to Okinawa, she remained with my sister as I did not want any thing to happen to her.  My children never touched her.  No one did.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

What an ugly person. I'm so sorry. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured