Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

*pics* post a picture of your most prized posession, and tell us about it!

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

This is my most prized posession...a valley tiger pool table.

I practice for hours a day on this baby, and pool is my passion.

What is your most prized posession?
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
SuperChicken
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

That is truly heartbreaking :(  I'm sorry. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Then, when my ex husband and I separated, he threw her to the ground.  Swept up the pieces and threw her in the trash.

I still get so upset and cry.  I miss her.  

I want to kick your ex in the balls and give him my best knee to his face.

is that wrong?

No, it is not wrong at all.

I was trying to find a photo of her.  I know, some where, I have one.  But honestly, it just makes me cry so hard that I gave up looking for now.

Recently, when my daughter and I were in the process of moving, I turned to her and told her not to touch my doll, I would move her myself.  Then I stopped, just standing there............she came up and gave me hug, not saying a word.

I will never get over it.

:( this is making me cry.  

Don't cry.  I'm sorry.

I thought of not even posting about her as it breaks my heart, makes me angry and yes, I cry like a damn child.  But she was so beautiful and so important to me.  The one thing I managed to keep from my childhood.  She meant every thing to me and he knew it.  

The thought of never having her again is something I can't get past.  I realize that is not healthy but I just can't find a way.

The day he told me (I knew from day one but he lied directly to myself and our daughter, saying I must have taken her as I would never be without her) to my face, he had on his sunglasses.  He refused to take them off and look me in the eye.  It was over a year later when he finally told me.  It honestly took all I had not to hit him.  We were standing in the parking lot of the clinic on base and our daughter was there.  He had a friend with him.  He knew I would be upset.  I just cried, could not help it, and told him he is the worst kind of human being and walked away.

punky3175
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Simple but beautiful. Most people would have no idea what it is.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Mobile Photo

My personal altar. I couldn't do without it.
punky3175
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with 3V - I want to kick him in the balls then knee him in the face. What a despicable human being. I'm so glad you got away from him.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My most prized possession was a porcelain doll my Grandmother made long before I was even born.

When I was little, I would sit and look at her, talk with her, she would talk back to me.  I was not allowed to ever touch her.

She was a Southern Belle, with a beautiful yellow dress with lace and lace and more lace.  The held a parasol that was stunning.

She had 24k gold weaved in to the lace, on the parasol, her ring and other areas.  

When I was in the 4th grade and in the hospital for my appendix, my Grandmother gave her to me.

I took exceptional care with her.  When I moved, I hand carried her myself.  When I moved to Okinawa, she remained with my sister as I did not want any thing to happen to her.  My children never touched her.  No one did.

Then, when my ex husband and I separated, he threw her to the ground.  Swept up the pieces and threw her in the trash.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

What's funny is that my big, obvious one (that I decorate for the Sabbats and stuff) is right out where everyone can see it when they walk in! LOL 

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Mobile Photo

punky3175
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Is it all decorated today? I'm missing our Beltane ritual here tonight because DD has a study session for her AP class. :-(

And I can't wait to get a house - I'm going to have a room dedicated to my spiritual practice with a nicer altar than I have now.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

What's funny is that my big, obvious one (that I decorate for the Sabbats and stuff) is right out where everyone can see it when they walk in! LOL 

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Mobile Photo

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Between me being sick and my little guy being sick, I just haven't had time to really decorate it. I got some fresh flowers for it and that's about it. :( There will be lots of candles on it tonight! Hopefully next year I'll have my circle in the yard with a little fire pit that I can light up. 

Quoting punky3175:

Is it all decorated today? I'm missing our Beltane ritual here tonight because DD has a study session for her AP class. :-(

And I can't wait to get a house - I'm going to have a room dedicated to my spiritual practice with a nicer altar than I have now.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Mobile Photo

funmommy123
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
My car? Lol. Just got a 2013 honda accord EX on Monday.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting katy_kay08:

I still can't stand that man.  He really is a bastard.  

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My most prized possession was a porcelain doll my Grandmother made long before I was even born.

When I was little, I would sit and look at her, talk with her, she would talk back to me.  I was not allowed to ever touch her.

She was a Southern Belle, with a beautiful yellow dress with lace and lace and more lace.  The held a parasol that was stunning.

She had 24k gold weaved in to the lace, on the parasol, her ring and other areas.  

When I was in the 4th grade and in the hospital for my appendix, my Grandmother gave her to me.

I took exceptional care with her.  When I moved, I hand carried her myself.  When I moved to Okinawa, she remained with my sister as I did not want any thing to happen to her.  My children never touched her.  No one did.

Yes, he is.  But now, he is a homeless bastard, for a bit any way, and one who got every thing he had coming and I did not have to do a thing but sit back and watch.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Mobile Photo

Beautiful!!!

katy_kay08
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting katy_kay08:

I still can't stand that man.  He really is a bastard.  

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Yes, he is.  But now, he is a homeless bastard, for a bit any way, and one who got every thing he had coming and I did not have to do a thing but sit back and watch.

did the creepy chick dump him?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN