Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

*pics* post a picture of your most prized posession, and tell us about it!

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

This is my most prized posession...a valley tiger pool table.

I practice for hours a day on this baby, and pool is my passion.

What is your most prized posession?
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting katy_kay08:

I still can't stand that man.  He really is a bastard.  

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My most prized possession was a porcelain doll my Grandmother made long before I was even born.

When I was little, I would sit and look at her, talk with her, she would talk back to me.  I was not allowed to ever touch her.

She was a Southern Belle, with a beautiful yellow dress with lace and lace and more lace.  The held a parasol that was stunning.

She had 24k gold weaved in to the lace, on the parasol, her ring and other areas.  

When I was in the 4th grade and in the hospital for my appendix, my Grandmother gave her to me.

I took exceptional care with her.  When I moved, I hand carried her myself.  When I moved to Okinawa, she remained with my sister as I did not want any thing to happen to her.  My children never touched her.  No one did.

Then, when my ex husband and I separated, he threw her to the ground.  Swept up the pieces and threw her in the trash.

I still get so upset and cry.  I miss her.  

Yes, he is.  But now, he is a homeless bastard, for a bit any way, and one who got every thing he had coming and I did not have to do a thing but sit back and watch.

did the creepy chick dump him?  

She is absolutely crazy.  She climbed the fence to his home, crawled through the doggy door to break in to his home.  Buahahahaha  Among other things.  They recently, as in last week, broke up yet again.  Her son is on probation.  A mess.  He threatened M and  I.  She blew up my phone.  Restraining order in place.   Papers ready to be filed with the courts for supervised and limited visits.  Of course, while she is indeed crazy, none of this is of his doing or his overall responsibility.  Same old song and dance.  While his life is in turmoil, I am happy and content, safe and stable. And he hates it.  Buahahahaha Yes, I have my moments of being a complete bitch.  I've earned them. :)

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Between me being sick and my little guy being sick, I just haven't had time to really decorate it. I got some fresh flowers for it and that's about it. :( There will be lots of candles on it tonight! Hopefully next year I'll have my circle in the yard with a little fire pit that I can light up. 

Quoting punky3175:

Is it all decorated today? I'm missing our Beltane ritual here tonight because DD has a study session for her AP class. :-(

And I can't wait to get a house - I'm going to have a room dedicated to my spiritual practice with a nicer altar than I have now.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

What's funny is that my big, obvious one (that I decorate for the Sabbats and stuff) is right out where everyone can see it when they walk in! LOL 

Quoting punky3175:

Simple but beautiful. Most people would have no idea what it is.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Mobile Photo

My personal altar. I couldn't do without it.

While I am not sure what you two are talking about, I don't know the particulars.........peace and beauty seem to be some thing this brings in to your lives.  Can't go wrong with that.

katy_kay08
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

My most prized possession was a porcelain doll my Grandmother made long before I was even born.

When I was little, I would sit and look at her, talk with her, she would talk back to me.  I was not allowed to ever touch her.

She was a Southern Belle, with a beautiful yellow dress with lace and lace and more lace.  The held a parasol that was stunning.

She had 24k gold weaved in to the lace, on the parasol, her ring and other areas.  

When I was in the 4th grade and in the hospital for my appendix, my Grandmother gave her to me.

I took exceptional care with her.  When I moved, I hand carried her myself.  When I moved to Okinawa, she remained with my sister as I did not want any thing to happen to her.  My children never touched her.  No one did.

Then, when my ex husband and I separated, he threw her to the ground.  Swept up the pieces and threw her in the trash.

Yes, he is.  But now, he is a homeless bastard, for a bit any way, and one who got every thing he had coming and I did not have to do a thing but sit back and watch.

She is absolutely crazy.  She climbed the fence to his home, crawled through the doggy door to break in to his home.  Buahahahaha  Among other things.  They recently, as in last week, broke up yet again.  Her son is on probation.  A mess.  He threatened M and  I.  She blew up my phone.  Restraining order in place.   Papers ready to be filed with the courts for supervised and limited visits.  Of course, while she is indeed crazy, none of this is of his doing or his overall responsibility.  Same old song and dance.  While his life is in turmoil, I am happy and content, safe and stable. And he hates it.  Buahahahaha Yes, I have my moments of being a complete bitch.  I've earned them. :)

I can't imagine it happening to a more deserving prick.  

Who threatened you?  The son or exhusband? 

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

While I am not sure what you two are talking about, I don't know the particulars.........peace and beauty seem to be some thing this brings in to your lives.  Can't go wrong with that.

It's Beltane today!! :D 

And it really really does. :D 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I can't imagine it happening to a more deserving prick.  

Who threatened you?  The son or exhusband? 

Her son.  He is a drug using, drug dealing, lying thief.  His threats do not work well with his being in probation.  Tried to say I made it up, all lies.  Have the texts, the emails and threatening on FB does wonders.  Not to mention M backing up every thing as she heard what his mother had to say to me.  She was standing right there.  Needless to say, whether or not he follows through remains to be seen but I will not mess around where M is concerned.  Her life has turned in to a bubble for a bit.  She is either at school, with me...at home or at work, with her sister or a trusted co-worker.  Never alone.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Well besides my hawt hubby and awesome kids, my laptop and my phone, THIS is my prized possession! We have His n Hers 350Z's. Mine is decorated with Swarovsky crystals in all the details... 

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM
5 moms liked this
I was sitting here trying to think of anything that I would qualify as a prized possession, and I really couldn't think of anything until I thought 'what would I try and save or be really sad to lose if my house burned down?'

What immediately came to mind was my mini quilt made out of my moms clothes. After she died we went through her stuff and donated most of her clothes, but we kept a few memorable items. A few years later my stepmom (she met and married dad after moms death) made mini quilts for each of us and framed them in a shadow box with one of her Montana silversmith earrings.

So that'd be my prized possession.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My beautiful children
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM

What a neat idea.

Quoting canadianmom1974:

I was sitting here trying to think of anything that I would qualify as a prized possession, and I really couldn't think of anything until I thought 'what would I try and save or be really sad to lose if my house burned down?'

What immediately came to mind was my mini quilt made out of my moms clothes. After she died we went through her stuff and donated most of her clothes, but we kept a few memorable items. A few years later my stepmom (she met and married dad after moms death) made mini quilts for each of us and framed them in a shadow box with one of her Montana silversmith earrings.

So that'd be my prized possession.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I have a few. My kitchen gadgets and garden are my 2 most prized possesions. I have a serious addiction to kitchen gadgets. We only have one raised bed but are in the process of building another, plus building a potato box and adding some fruit trees.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN