Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mobile Photo

This is a picture of the price listings at a local smoothy shop. The owner is a hoot. He can usually be found dancing on the street corner with a huge sign that says 'Honk if you love drilling'.

I just noticed the words are small. Basically, he charges liberals considerbly more than conservtives for smoothies lol.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Replies (61-70):
KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I'd invite him to drink a nice tall pitcher of water my from my tap, which has been contaminated by radioactive waste water from fracking , which was deliberately dumped, into the water ways. In fact I'd invite him to move here and we'll check his health in about 10 years. Since he thinks fracking is so wonderful. Asshole! Obviously, I wouldn't give him my business. 

tambrathegreat
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Then I wouldn't be obliged to shop there.  He's an ass and he obviously doesn't need my (very) hard-earned money.

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM

He's being honest but he's not being fair.

I'd steer clear of his establishment because of his policy.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I totally respect you not spending your money there just as they said they wouldn't that wasn't what I was referring to. I was talking about the comments that seemed they took offense to it or that they would say something to him as to why they wouldn't spend their money there as if he would care or calling him names.

Quoting katy_kay08:

what's interesting is that a couple of the ladies I know to be conservative have said they wouldn't give this man their business.  

It's not offensive to me, I just wouldn't pay that price for his product, especially knowing the extra money would be going to conservative groups I dont' support.  

Quoting soonergirl980:

I think it's hilarious and I would totally buy a smoothie from him. I think people that wouldn't like it would be liberals who take themselves waaaaayyyyy to seriously. I have a couple hard core democrats that laughed when I showed it to them. They said they probably wouldn't buy but it's not offensive it's hilarious which is exactly how I would feel if it were reversed.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM
We are surrounded by fracking, and have been for many years. Nobody here has had an issue.

Quoting KreatingMe:

I'd invite him to drink a nice tall pitcher of water my from my tap, which has been contaminated by radioactive waste water from fracking , which was deliberately dumped, into the water ways. In fact I'd invite him to move here and we'll check his health in about 10 years. Since he thinks fracking is so wonderful. Asshole! Obviously, I wouldn't give him my business. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Meh, I can take a joke.
talia-mom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Do you people who would boycott this boycott places that have ladies' nights?
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't buy from such an asshole even if his prices favored my "side". I choose not to give assholes my money.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Hehehe
katy_kay08
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I don't go to bars so yes I guess I do.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Do you people who would boycott this boycott places that have ladies' nights?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)