Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

FB post - perfect example of white privilege

Posted by   + Show Post

"It just amazes me how the same people who scream for equal opportunities are the same ones who insist they are entitled to "minority enrollment" and "Minority" grants for college etc. If we are really going to have equal opportunities for all then its time to get rid of minority programs so that it is an equal playing field"

Posts like this make me want to scream due to their sheer ignorance. Ugh.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
NorseGodessMom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Like I said POINTING OUT THAT NOT ONLY WHITES ARE PRIVILEGED! I am sick of everyone saying its a white thing. Only white ppl can be racist, only whites are privileged. And guess what people Whites are soon to be the "minority" so can we please us a different word.

Quoting talia-mom:

Not full of anything. You can't stop being a minority but you can stop being a football player.

Those scholarships are achievement based. These minority scholarships are not If you just get one for being a minority.

Quoting NorseGodessMom: 
then you are full of sh*t. tell me how this is ok. I'm making the point that "whites" are not the only privileged ppl around. Also I am against the way we glorify sports in this country.

Quoting talia-mom:Football is not the same thing and you know it.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:
http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/05/p_diddy_son_ucla_scholarship_justin_combs.php
yea because only "white" people are privileged.....

talia-mom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Your reading comprehension is poor. That is a scholarship for hard work and talent. Not having darker skin or a vagina.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

Like I said POINTING OUT THAT NOT ONLY WHITES ARE PRIVILEGED! I am sick of everyone saying its a white thing. Only white ppl can be racist, only whites are privileged. And guess what people Whites are soon to be the "minority" so can we please us a different word.

Quoting talia-mom:

Not full of anything. You can't stop being a minority but you can stop being a football player.

Those scholarships are achievement based. These minority scholarships are not If you just get one for being a minority.

Quoting NorseGodessMom: 
then you are full of sh*t. tell me how this is ok. I'm making the point that "whites" are not the only privileged ppl around. Also I am against the way we glorify sports in this country.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:
http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/05/p_diddy_son_ucla_scholarship_justin_combs.php

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Not only whites are privileged, but there is such a thing as white privilege and it seems like you got a bad case of it.

Are you saying national statistics lie, or are you intentionally implying that we are so ignorant that we think only white people are, like, EVER privileged?

Methinks you should do some research before replying.....

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting NorseGodessMom: 

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

NorseGodessMom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this

wow nice of you to assume I am white....

Quoting Jack_Squat:

Not only whites are privileged, but there is such a thing as white privilege and it seems like you got a bad case of it.

Are you saying national statistics lie, or are you intentionally implying that we are so ignorant that we think only white people are, like, EVER privileged?

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting NorseGodessMom: 

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

autodidact
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM

There are targeted scholarships for all ethnic groups. 

Quoting talia-mom:

My friend who was the son of two doctors certainly needed his minority scholarship for beer money in college.

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

talia-mom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM

All I said was he needed his for beer cash

Quoting autodidact:

There are targeted scholarships for all ethnic groups. 

Quoting talia-mom:

My friend who was the son of two doctors certainly needed his minority scholarship for beer money in college.

JTROX
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Work hard, get ahead, its possible for any race.

EmilysMom2010
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM
What a jackass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Eh, you sound exactly like my fb peeps who think that there is no such thing as racism or inequality just because there is a small number of successful minorities.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

wow nice of you to assume I am white....

Quoting Jack_Squat:

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting NorseGodessMom: 

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It is brilliant and true,not ignorant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)