Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS.....PETA IS SCUM OF THE EARTH

Posted by   + Show Post
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Replies (31-35):
iea13
by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:27 AM
I'm afraid to click on the link-what did PETA do. I'm ashamed to say this but I've donated to PETA and HSUS .sounds like I should stop.

Quoting Seasidegirl:

I read the article a couple weeks ago, and cannot look at the photos again. I am furious.

Sadly, I have heard for years (from good sources -- one being a very good investigative piece written by a Virginia newspaper about 10 or 11 years ago) that PETA is F-ed up and the madwoman in charge is a tyrant who not only does this to animals, but who makes her emloyees' lives absolutley miserable.

I have never liked her decision to use women's bodies (the good ole sexism in advertising) to draw attention to the cause. I just really think this woman is a POS, and the truth about the bad that PETA does unfortunately makes people turn away from the good they do.

I really don't get how people like her gain and maintain so much power.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:33 AM

If this is the same article I saw a couple weeks ago, killing dogs, even puppies and dumping them in the trash.

Not so sure what HSUS does wrong. I don't think they go this route, that's for sure.

Quoting iea13:

I'm afraid to click on the link-what did PETA do. I'm ashamed to say this but I've donated to PETA and HSUS .sounds like I should stop.

Quoting Seasidegirl:

I read the article a couple weeks ago, and cannot look at the photos again. I am furious.

Sadly, I have heard for years (from good sources -- one being a very good investigative piece written by a Virginia newspaper about 10 or 11 years ago) that PETA is F-ed up and the madwoman in charge is a tyrant who not only does this to animals, but who makes her emloyees' lives absolutley miserable.

I have never liked her decision to use women's bodies (the good ole sexism in advertising) to draw attention to the cause. I just really think this woman is a POS, and the truth about the bad that PETA does unfortunately makes people turn away from the good they do.

iea13
by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Omg that horrible.why would they do such a thing and then come down on others who kill and hurt animals. Ugh

Quoting Seasidegirl:

If this is the same article I saw a couple weeks ago, killing dogs, even puppies and dumping them in the trash.

Not so sure what HSUS does wrong. I don't think they go this route, that's for sure.

Quoting iea13:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I limit my charity donations to the local level because with so many of these national/international organizations bureaucracy and cronyism trumps principle everytime.

It's kind of like Congress.

Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Because it's how they continue to earn money.

Of course, that's illegal due to their "non"-profit status (which doesn't matter when you've got celebrities hawking your cause).

Quoting iea13:

Omg that horrible.why would they do such a thing and then come down on others who kill and hurt animals. Ugh

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Quoting iea13:

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured