Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rifles for 5 year olds

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 64 Replies
2 moms liked this
Who on earth buys their five year old a rifle for his birthday? And oops he accidently shot his two year old sister and now she's dead??!!!! What is wrong with these people???????
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlekD
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Just remember kiddos, guns make us safe!
soonergirl980
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM
3 moms liked this

We do. Granted this is her at 7 not 5 but I don't have any of those pictures on hand. And none of my kids have ever killed anyone thanks.

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:12 PM
We do... but she was 4.
mermaid13dragon
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM
OK so those of you buying rifles for your kids, I'm still assuming the guns are locked up & not just laying around the playroom? The article is right on CNN... it just happened, so sad for the family!
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM
If my son had been mature enough, he would have had on then, but he wasn't quite ready. Now, he is 6 and got a BBC gun this year. It is treated the same as our hunting guns... locked in the safe when not in use and is used only with constant and direct supervision.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Correct. It is stupid to handle any gun with a blase attitude.

Quoting mermaid13dragon:

OK so those of you buying rifles for your kids, I'm still assuming the guns are locked up & not just laying around the playroom? The article is right on CNN... it just happened, so sad for the family!
Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM
7 moms liked this

I have no problem with buying a five yr old a rifle.  I have a problem with allowing him to shoot unsupervised and without training.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on May. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM

This

Quoting Carpy:

I have no problem with buying a five yr old a rifle.  I have a problem with allowing him to shoot unsupervised and without training.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
soonergirl980
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Yep

Quoting Carpy:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Is it a toy that you buy for them?  something fun and for a hobby.  Or do you buy them for a 4yo because you believe its important for them to learn how to handle one?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured