Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CE&HT "Personal" The Impact of Divorce

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

We grew up together. We have known each other longer than anybody else I know; expcept for maybe my parents. We have been together for 32 years now. 

We shared getting our first bras, our first period, our first crushes, our first kisses........we married and started having babies and so we got to share morning sickness and the first flutter of our babies inside our growing bellies. We shared our first epistotomies and compared c-section scars. We compare notes on how to raise our teenagers.  

And just a few days ago, she tells me, she is getting divorced. That is a path she will have to walk alone. Without me. And I am so sad. I am sad for her. I am sad for ME! My best friend is getting a divorce. And I am the one who feels DEVASTATED.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsbrand
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I think its a wonderful thing to have a friend that is so close their pain can literally be your pain. She probably really needs a friend right now so try to set your pain aside to be her strength.
Peanutx3
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM

:(

romalove
by Roma on May. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm so sorry.  Having good friends who have you from the roots of your life are something special.  You will continue to walk your paths together, even if hers isn't quite on the same line as yours is.  You will always have each other.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Quoting mrsbrand:

I think its a wonderful thing to have a friend that is so close their pain can literally be your pain. She probably really needs a friend right now so try to set your pain aside to be her strength.

Yes, I am. I am helping her with her house hunting. We text nearly every day and I try to boost her spirits.  I guess that i am just surprised at how much her "stuff" has affected me. That is not an emotin I expected to experience when she first told me. Now that a few days have passed, I am settling into the news and the how idea of it. 

mrsbrand
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Good luck to both of you. I hope she finds healing.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting mrsbrand:

Yes, I am. I am helping her with her house hunting. We text nearly every day and I try to boost her spirits.  I guess that i am just surprised at how much her "stuff" has affected me. That is not an emotin I expected to experience when she first told me. Now that a few days have passed, I am settling into the news and the how idea of it. 

SLTmom
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I'm sorry for her.  But, there is nothing like having that one person who will always be there, no judgements, no questions asked.  I'm sure she is taking comfort knowing she has you.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Big hugs.  She is so lucky to have you.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Big hugs.  She is so lucky to have you.

survivorinohio
by René on May. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for you both.  Divorce, even within a circle can have a big impact. 

Donna6503
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I'm always sadden when I hear divorce news. I've always been that way.

I wish you and your friend the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured