Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Question for those against the ACA, or "Obamacare"

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 119 Replies

I'm not trying to be snarky here, this is an honest question.

Does a single payor/universal health system seem like a better option now, or would you prefer things go back to the way they were?  What would have been a better move, in your opinion.

(I don't care for the ACA that much so this is not a loaded question, I have no pro-Obama agenda here)

by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
6 moms liked this

Yes, I believe a universal healthcare system would be better.   That is what Obama campaigned on, the first time around.   I was very disappointed with his "we don't know what's in it til we pass it" ACA.    The ACA benefits insurance companies a whole lot more than it benefits American citizens.

USBrit
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
9 moms liked this

I am from a country that had this system, believe me government run health care is NOT a good thing. We better hope that things go back to the way they were.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

In whay way was that preferable?

Quoting USBrit:

I am from a country that had this system, believe me government run health care is NOT a good thing. We better hope that things go back to the way they were.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I agree.

Quoting SuperChicken:

Yes, I believe a universal healthcare system would be better.   That is what Obama campaigned on, the first time around.   I was very disappointed with his "we don't know what's in it til we pass it" ACA.    The ACA benefits insurance companies a whole lot more than it benefits American citizens.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on May. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
10 moms liked this
I would like to see insurance and big pharma streamlined and held accountable to the public , not share holders. I support a public option and want congress and all legislative branches to be required to use it.
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I definitely think a single payer system would be better. Health care costs are astronomical right now and all hes really done is made sure ins has to carry you and you pay if you dont have/ cant afford health care. Ins companies have doubled or tripled their policy premiums thus screwing the middle class backward.
MamaAjax
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that change is needed. I do not think that we should end at Obama care.

It's like saying "we discovered penicillin is useful! so let's stop there..." makes no sense right?

I've been in to close of contact with the medical field (hospitals mainly) I'm my mother's go to right hand helper when she's doing her research projects for the hospital she works for.  Basically I compile everything for her, she puts it in the needed format, I "fluff" it with fancy wording, and she presents it to the board.

She's been published several times in the AORN.

Frankly doctors are like the government now, bombarded with "lobbyist" known as pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies are taking to trying to crush doctors who prescribe long term treatments.

That has to end.

Pharmaceutical companies do not make profit out of healthy people. Insurances lose profit on unhealthy people. So doctors are stuck in the middle of a business type of tug-a-war.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

BUMP!

DonnaNoble
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I'd prefer to see a single payer system but this is better than nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)