Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Amanda Knox

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
  • 110 Replies

What do you think of the Amanda Knox story?  Do you think she did it or that she is innocent?  Do you think it is fair that she is going to be tried again?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I think she most likely is innocent. Life isn't always fair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on May. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Italian justice system is not the same as ours.  I don't think she is guilty, as they have the guy who did the crime in jail there, and there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason why Amanda and Rafaelle would also have been involved.  The evidence just isn't there.

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on May. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand the justice system is different there but I was under the impression that the US would not extradite if it fell under double jeopardy law and the accused was acquitted. 

Quoting romalove:

Italian justice system is not the same as ours.  I don't think she is guilty, as they have the guy who did the crime in jail there, and there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason why Amanda and Rafaelle would also have been involved.  The evidence just isn't there.

romalove
by Roma on May. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

I understand the justice system is different there but I was under the impression that the US would not extradite if it fell under double jeopardy law and the accused was acquitted. 

Quoting romalove:

I am unsure, to be honest.  Is it double jeopardy if the case is still open there until after appeal?  We don't allow appeal if the person is declared not guilty, only for guilty.

chloedee
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they have the guy who committed the crime in prison now. The evidence pointing to her guilt isn't there or is extremely weak, and her case was riddled with misconduct at every point. 

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think she did it. I really think its wrong place, wrong time. I feel sorry for her.
godsgirl26
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I haven't been following her story.
lovevamp
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I think she's innocent. From what I understand there wasn't any evidence
TimetoMomUp
by Runt on May. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I will have to read more into this.  I guess I just assumed the acquittal from the second trial was the same as not guilty.  Maybe I don't understand the US extradition law either. 

Quoting romalove:

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

Quoting romalove:

I am unsure, to be honest.  Is it double jeopardy if the case is still open there until after appeal?  We don't allow appeal if the person is declared not guilty, only for guilty.

free1
by ~FreeSpirit~ on May. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I kind'a think she could've been involved, somehow - (Just MO). Anyway this is a murder mystery, no?

Amanda Knox Speaks

ABCNEWS.com
On Her 'She Got Her F**king Throat Slit' Quote

During her murder trial, Italian prosecutors pointed to what they said was Amanda Knox's strange behavior at the Perugia police station after her roommate Meredith Kercher was found dead.

One of Kercher's friends told investigators that when she said, "I hope she didn't suffer," Knox was quoted as saying, "How could she not? She got her f**king throat slit."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN