Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of the Amanda Knox story?  Do you think she did it or that she is innocent?  Do you think it is fair that she is going to be tried again?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Replies (101-110):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel for the family of the girl murdered.  However, in an attempt to keep her memory alive, doing so by attempting to place blame for the actual murder where it may not belong, is not doing the girl's memory any justice.

I don't know what happened that night.  I've never had a great feeling about Amanda Knox, something just doesn't sit will with me but I don't have to like her personality to realize I don't think she was there that night.

Redwall
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I think she's innocent.

Diane1223
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I kept up with her story after she was imprisoned. I think she is innocent. The evidence was left at the crime scene for days before they collected it, then it was tampered with, and it was all circumstantial. They didn't have any clear cut proof that she or Rafael committed the murder. I think that it was Rudy Gaede, and he is still currently incarcerated. I think she deserves a fair trial, because she got screwed by the justice system in Italy, especially by the Prosecuting Attorney. I just don't think she should have to go through all the pain and anguish, again. I think she should be able to put it all behind her, now. She is coming out with a book about her time in prison, I can't wait to read it!
Diane1223
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Have you been keeping up with her case?

Quoting Donna6503:

I know I'm in the minority here; but, I feel she is guilty. Yet, her retrial is more about politics than justice.

Diane1223
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM
This exactly!

Quoting Cheribomb:

i have somewhat followed this her story...you would have to be a complete MORON to think she is guilty.  there isn't a single SHRED of evidence against her.... NOTHING.  she was found guilty solely on her actions AFTER merediths death.  and whoever said the black was a scapegoat?!?!?  you obviously have NO freaking clue what you are talking about!!  a KNOWN drug addict who had been arrest NUMEROUS times for robbing people at knife point ( same kind of knife that they think that meredith was killed with) & was in fact arrested the week before for attacking a young woman in a park a block away from their apartment.  his dna was ALL over that apartment but not amandas or the bf..  did they just clean up their own dna??  their was blood everywhere & the so called scapegoats  bloody (merediths blood) footprint in the bathroom with a shit that HE left in the toilet.    just seems so odd that the scapegoats dna, bloody footprint & shit..

do people REALLY freaking think this 18 yr old girl decided to have a sadistic sex orgy with a boy she knew for 7 days & a filthy homeless drug addict?     

princezlisa12
by New Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:52 AM
I think she did not kill her roommate but knows more than she is divulging. I watched her 20/20 interview. Something was just "off". I do feel for her though.
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM

The gross reporting of the American media once again.  She was NOT interrogated for 4 days straight.  the first block of time reached 8 hours in a single day, after which her attorney came. In the following days, she was back at the station for questioning three days in a row with an attorney present.   She committed a crime in implicating an innocent man for which she was convicted of slander and fined.  Again, this crime is not about Amanda Knox, but not the way the media when on and on about it.  She is not the victim and should have never been treated as such. 

Quoting chloedee:

They never found the knife that matched the stabbing outlines on Meredith's bed, and the knife I think you're referring to in his house only came up with tiny trace amounts Meredith's DNA after being mishandled and improperly tested. 

The totally innocent man came up after she was interrogated for days, in a different language, and the police were asking her to "imagine" if he was involved. Everything about how the police handled this case was sketchy and unprofessional.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I feel she is guilty of something here.  The American media decided she was innocent from the get-go.  She has time unaccounted for, her boyfriend gave a different account of the evening, the knives came from his home (the boyfriend) and her implicated a totally innocent man who was locked up for two weeks in jail.  Her story does not add up and my gut instinct from the beginning was that she knew much more than what she was admitting. 

Quoting annabl1970:

I feel she is not totally innocent.
But I do  ifeel she had nothing to do with actual murder.
I am so never paying for that book of hers

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I haven't really followed this case but from what do know of, I do feel she is innocent. 

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Quoting free1:

I kind'a think she could've been involved, somehow - (Just MO). Anyway this is a murder mystery, no?

Amanda Knox Speaks

ABCNEWS.com
On Her 'She Got Her F**king Throat Slit' Quote

During her murder trial, Italian prosecutors pointed to what they said was Amanda Knox's strange behavior at the Perugia police station after her roommate Meredith Kercher was found dead.

One of Kercher's friends told investigators that when she said, "I hope she didn't suffer," Knox was quoted as saying, "How could she not? She got her f**king throat slit."

I don't see how that quote would be an implication of guilt/involvement...

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!  Her family seems extremely reserved and reasonable.  They want answers, and I pray they find them. 

Quoting free1:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

And I also think she has gotten enough publicity for herself in this case which I find misplaced being that she is alive and well while MK is sadly not..

Kercher: Loved ones rally to keep memory alive

By Peter Wilkinson, CNN
updated 1:04 PM EDT, Tue March 26, 2013

Remembering Meredith Kercher

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Friends and relatives of murder victim Meredith Kercher seek to keep her memory alive
  • Kercher was killed in 2007 in villa in Perugia, Italy, that she rented with Amanda Knox
  • 21-year-old lived life to full and had "big heart," say friends
  • Meredith's sister says family welcomes news that Knox, Sollecito ordered to face retrial

London (CNN)-- Amid the massive global interest in the original murder trial of Amanda Knox, and her co-defendent Raffaele Sollecito, in Italy, it was easy to overlook the victim, British exchange student Meredith Kercher.

Her friends and family are determined to keep her memory alive. "I want people to remember Meredith for the good times she had in Perugia, not just the horrible ending," said Natalie Hayward, who got to know the 21-year-old before her death.

"She was very generous and open and had a very big heart. She was a very fulfilled human being. She was happy and talked about her family all the time. She had lived life to the full. That gives me a great deal of comfort."

Kercher was just 21 when she was killed in 2007 in the villa she rented with Knox in the central Italian university town of Perugia. Her body was semi-naked and her throat had been slashed.

Knox's dad responds to 'she-devil' claim

An exclusive look at Amanda Knox behind bars

Inside the Amanda Knox courtroom

Kercher was a third-year student at the University of Leeds focusing on European Studies when she got the chance to live in Perugia for a year to study European Politics and Italian.

She worked at Gatwick Airport, near her home in Coulsdon, a dormitory town south of London, to raise money for the trip. Her father John told the Daily Telegraph: "She fought so hard to get out there. There were quite a few setbacks but she was determined to go and kept persisting and eventually got what she wanted."

Her family later described how she was "excited at the prospect of spending the year studying there to improve her language skills, make new friends and immerse herself in the culture. She was pursuing her dream."

She moved into a shared apartment with Knox but tensions mounted between the two young women, according to Hayward, who met Kercher in September 2007.

Hayward told the Sunday Telegraph in 2011 that Kercher, known to her friends as "Mez," became "frustrated" by Knox's refusal to do cleaning and was unhappy that her flatmate kept a sex toy on open display in a bathroom cabinet.

Kercher, the youngest of four children, had a good sense of humor, according to her family, and "a sense of the ridiculous." While growing up she was interested in poetry, gymnastics and ballet.

Meredith is not only a terrible loss to her family and friends, she is also a huge loss to the world.
John Kercher

The Kercher family has largely avoided the media, but her India-born mother Arline gave an interview to Italian television show Porta a Porta in September 2011 in which she described Meredith's love of life.

She said her daughter was a "very loving child, a very sweet girl." She said: "She was always ready to help you. I will never, ever forget her."

On Tuesday, Meredith's family gave their reaction to the ruling by Italian Supreme Court judges that Knox and Sollecito should stand trial again.

Speaking from the family home in Coulsdon, south of London, Stephanie Kircher, 29 said: "We welcome the news in the sense that we hope to find the answers. We are never going to be happy about any outcome because we have still lost Meredith but we obviously support the decision and hope to get answers from it.

"There are still so many unanswered questions, all we have ever wanted to do is do what we can for Meredith and to find out the truth of what happened that night.

"Rudy Guede's conviction was on the basis that there was more than one person there so that is something that needs to be looked into."

Meredith's father John, a freelance journalist, wrote in Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper about the moment he learned the British student killed in Perugia was his daughter. He'd spoken to her the day before.

"I drop the phone," he wrote, "I don't believe it and think there must be a mistake. But I know it's probably true. I can't cry. I'm numb with shock."

He also told about hearing that some of Meredith's friends planned to lay flowers at her old school after her death.

Expecting just a few, he and Arline arrived to find more than 70 people, some having come from around the country. "It's unbelievably touching," John Kercher recalled. A trust fund has since been set up to support the Kercher family's fight for justice.

"Meredith is not only a terrible loss to her family and friends, she is also a huge loss to the world," he said.

Richard Ottaway, the member of parliament for Coulsden, was taken aback by Meredith's funeral at Croydon Minster. "It was packed and overflowing," he told CNN. "It was quite clear Meredith was a popular girl ... so many friends there. It was the perhaps moving service I have ever been to."

The priest who took the service described how Meredith's parents dealt with that emotionally charged day. "They were very, very courageous," said Canon Colin Boswell, vicar of Croydon. "They had great dignity and calm sort of dignity which they maintained right up until now."

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I certainly wouldn't return for another trial. Good luck trying to extradite her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured