Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

YOUTUBE CELEBRITY SAYS HIS HOMOSEXUALITY HAS BEEN ‘LIFTED’ — FIND OUT WHAT THAT MEANS HERE

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM
  • 44 Replies

YouTube celebrity Antoine Dodson says he’s “no longer into homosexuality,” announcing onFacebook that he now wants “a wife and family, I want to multiply and raise and love my family that I create.”

YouTube Celebrity Antoine Dodson Is No Longer Gay

Now a “True Chosen Hebrew Israelite descendant of Judah,” the inspiration behind the Billboard Hot 100 hit “Bed Intruder Song” gave an interview to HuffPost Live to unpack his declaration, saying he’s been reading the Bible and examining what it says:

“It’s not praying the gay away because it can be lifted. If you really want to change your life, and just get rid of it, then you can. And that’s what I’m doing. I’m not saying I don’t have the memories of my past, because I do, and I see it everyday in my mind. But I’m trying to move away from that and become a better person. That’s all.”

(RelatedAntoine ‘hide yo kids’ Dodson has his finger on America’s pulse)

Dodson added that he’s always been attracted to the “art of a woman” but that he erroneously “tried to actually be that instead of being with that,” calling his gay period “dumb.”

“When you get older and you get mature, things in your life change,” he said, adding that he’s not ashamed of his homosexual past.

“I want people to see my past,” he said. “I want them to see me and see what I was delivered from.”

Here’s the video of Dodson’s HuffPost Live interview:

by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:02 AM

What is he famous for?  Anyhoo, great for him.  I hope he's happy in his life and religious choices.  If they don't work out in the long run for him, then I hope he finds something that does.  

If he wants someone to take his big fancy car off his hands, now that he doesn't need it...I'm right over here.   

Thomigirl
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm disgusted...he is NOT a celebrity!

anchorgurl
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

What is a "YouTube Celebrity?"  Ohhhhh, someone who thinks he is a celebrity...

romalove
by Roma on May. 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM
4 moms liked this

Well, he sounds like a great catch for some unsuspecting woman.

Quick, hide your babies....

jllcali
by Jane on May. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM
4 moms liked this
Because absolutely no one on YouTube could lie about anything ever. EVER.

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

greenie63
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Oh Antoine

jhslove
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this

1) WTF is a "Youtube Celebrity"?

2) If homosexuality was something he was "into", then he wasn't truly homosexual. It's great that he found a path that works for him, but homosexuality isn't something that you can "be into" and then "not be into". It is, however, part of a phase that some people will go through on their path to self-discovery. For a while in high school, I thought I was bi. Turns out, nope, I'm as hetero as they come. But I don't walk around saying, "I was bi and now I'm not". It's more, "For a while I THOUGHT I was bi, then I realized that I'm straight".

jllcali
by Jane on May. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Notice he didn't say he was no longer attracted to men. He also never said he was attracted to women. He said he wants a wife and family and apparently converted to Christianity. I find his statements akin to an obese person saying he/she doesn't want to be fat anymore and is giving up cake. It doesn't mean the person doesn't still want to eat cake, the person is just trying to give it up.

Perhaps a better example is a fellow soldier I knew. He converted to Islam. We were eating lunch one day and someone offered him some bacon, not knowing muslims don't eat pork. He said he can't, due to his faith. Another soldier said "how can you not like bacon", to which the muslim soldier said "I still LOVE bacon. But since I am muslim, I can't eat it. It is a struggle for me"
lga1965
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

You Tube "hero" ?

I never look for YouTube and I don't put much store in people who suddenly become famous through You Tube. The ony thing I like is repeats of funny scenes from SNL on You Tube. The rest is pure garbage.

This guy doesn't impress me and I don't believe that people can decide to NOT be gay.

Nice try,though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)