Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Yup.

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

The lack of emotional security of our American young people is due, I believe, to their isolation from the larger family unit.  No two people - no mere father and mother - as I have often said, are enough to provide emotional security for a child.  He needs to feel himself one in a world of kinfolk, persons of variety in age and temperament, and yet allied to himself by an indissoluble bond which he cannot break if he could, for nature has welded him into it before he was born.  ~Pearl S. Buck

Jen #1238904688930684906

by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids would do better not being around certain kinsfolk .. I think friends can be a better influence
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

agreed

Talee
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Quoting -Celestial-:

My kids would do better not being around certain kinsfolk .. I think friends can be a better influence

I totally understand that. It takes a village to raise a child.

Jen #1238904688930684906

AlekD
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Makes sense to me.
Talee
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Just FYI...this quote doesnt have to apply to blood family. I have a few adopted sisters and brothers helping me raise mine...thank God for that. Or the cosmos or whatever you believe in.

kidlover2
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM
I get his premise...but some families are toxic. Neighbors, friends, teachers work too. Obviously living in a cave with no outside interaction except for mom and dad isn't healthy.
romalove
by Roma on May. 5, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Quoting kidlover2:

I get his premise...but some families are toxic. Neighbors, friends, teachers work too. Obviously living in a cave with no outside interaction except for mom and dad isn't healthy.

Agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)