Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Gun/abortion Meme.

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 402 Replies
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Personally, I think it should say ".....selling guns FOR five year olds".
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
yep
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM
16 moms liked this
And how is a 15 year old ready for pregnancy/childbirth but too young for plan B?
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:08 AM
3 moms liked this
It is the same bullshit feeding fear, not fact, that the far right uses. It is a flat out LIE couched in emotional pandering. republicans DO NOT support selling guns to 5 year olds, they support letting parents, NOT the GOVERNMENT, decide what is Appropriate for their underage children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM
3 moms liked this

The government decides when its the right time to allow your kids to smoke, even at what age store owners are ALLOWED to sell tobacco products or alcohol to children...

Hell they have even RESTRICTED tobacco companies in their advertising to children

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

It is the same bullshit feeding fear, not fact, that the far right uses. It is a flat out LIE couched in emotional pandering. republicans DO NOT support selling guns to 5 year olds, they support letting parents, NOT the GOVERNMENT, decide what is Appropriate for their underage children.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM
5 moms liked this

I do feel 15 is too young to be able to walk in and buy the Plan B pill.

Also, you cannot sell a gun to a five year old.

All of my girls began to learn about weapons at the age of 5. 

If the parents are responsible, I see no issue with it.   That seems to be a big 'if', however.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM
3 moms liked this
Cute, dodge and deflect from the LIE his bullshit liberal meme is spreading

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The government decides when its the right time to allow your kids to smoke, even at what age store owners are ALLOWED to sell tobacco products or alcohol to children...

Hell they have even RESTRICTED tobacco companies in their advertising to children

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this

in English please and thank you

There is no lie or deflection in my response

The meme is a true representation of the GOP - as a party they are against the morning after pill and especially the new guidelines that 15 year olds can get it

and they are pro anyone, including kids having guns

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Cute, dodge and deflect from the LIE his bilullshit liberal meme is spring

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM

They purchased the 5 year olds gun from a company that specifically sells "children's guns"...

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I do feel 15 is too young to be able to walk in and buy the Plan B pill.

Also, you cannot sell a gun to a five year old.

All of my girls began to learn about weapons at the age of 5. 

If the parents are responsible, I see no issue with it.   That seems to be a big 'if', however.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
The meme is a LIE. Give a source for the bullshit claim the GOP supports selling guns to five year olds, liar.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

in English please and thank you

There is no lie or deflection in my response

The meme is a true representation of the GOP - as a party they are against the morning after pill and especially the new guidelines that 15 year olds can get it

and they are pro anyone, including kids having guns

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Cute, dodge and deflect from the LIE his bilullshit liberal meme is spring

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:19 AM
9 moms liked this

Like most memes, it's incredibly simplified, but has some truth to it.  Either kids are kids (plan B) or they are responsible small adults (guns).  If they can handle one, surely they can handle the other. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)