Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mobile Photo

Personally, I think it should say ".....selling guns FOR five year olds".
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Replies (321-330):
adeber1
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM
And really...who the hell cares about a meme. To hell with the meme. What about the dead 2 year old and the 5 year old that will have to live with the knowledge that he killed his sister. Maybe the larger issue is who will be held responsible....surely not the child. How about prosecuting the negligent parents for leaving a loaded firearm propped against the wall. Smh!
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 6, 2013 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting RandRMomma:

I'm not a murderer you judgmental witch.

Quoting Carpy:

Murderer.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Awww...poor you.

Yes, I do know what it is. As a matter of fact, I've had one.

Any more silly questions?

Quoting JTROX:

LOL Do you know what abortion is?

Quoting RandRMomma:

Yes, if is.

If you don't want an abortion, don't have one.

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is not just about your body.

Quoting BellaByrdie:

Yet They want to decided what I do with MY body.  NICE. So you can decide if your kindergartner can own and play with a gun.  But the government can make decisions for ME and MY body and that of any other woman.  Do you really not see they hypocrisy of this.  

And do you REALLY think its appropriate for a GUN, a real GUN that can and has cause accidental deaths, to be in the hands of a 5 year old.  One that is made JUST for them.  Seriously?    

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

It is the same bullshit feeding fear, not fact, that the far right uses. It is a flat out LIE couched in emotional pandering. republicans DO NOT support selling guns to 5 year olds, they support letting parents, NOT the GOVERNMENT, decide what is Appropriate for their underage children.

No, you are not.  That was indeed uncalled for.

If you are, I will sit next to  you.  I was 17.

People will resort to calling names, being absolutely revolting, when they have nothing else to say.

adeber1
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree wholeheartedly. You're not a murderer and to call you one is deplorable!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting RandRMomma:

I'm not a murderer you judgmental witch.

Quoting Carpy:

Murderer.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Awww...poor you.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting RandRMomma:

Yes, if is.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting BellaByrdie:

Yet They want to decided what I do with MY body.  NICE. So you can decide if your kindergartner can own and play with a gun.  But the government can make decisions for ME and MY body and that of any other woman.  Do you really not see they hypocrisy of this.  

And do you REALLY think its appropriate for a GUN, a real GUN that can and has cause accidental deaths, to be in the hands of a 5 year old.  One that is made JUST for them.  Seriously?    

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

It is the same bullshit feeding fear, not fact, that the far right uses. It is a flat out LIE couched in emotional pandering. republicans DO NOT support selling guns to 5 year olds, they support letting parents, NOT the GOVERNMENT, decide what is Appropriate for their underage children.

No, you are not.  That was indeed uncalled for.

If you are, I will sit next to  you.  I was 17.

People will resort to calling names, being absolutely revolting, when they have nothing else to say.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting adeber1:

You want to allow young children the use and handling of firearms fine, but let's not quibble about semantics. The Cricket is for children.... to be sold for and owned by children. It doesn't matter who actually buys the damn thing! My daughter has plenty of toys that I bought....the toys still belong to her, not me. They became hers when I gave them to her.

For goodness sakes.......marketing towards children and the child actually owning the gun are not the same.

In order to own the weapon, to be the legal owner, you must of age and the weapon would be registered in your name.  You would be completely responsible.  As are the parents when they purchase a weapon geared towards and for the child to use.  The parent is responsible.

People who dislike a child learning anything about weapons, handling them, using them............that is fine.  Don't do it.  

Equating it to such things as handing them a beer or smokes, as has been done, is not the same.  smh

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quoting adeber1:

And really...who the hell cares about a meme. To hell with the meme. What about the dead 2 year old and the 5 year old that will have to live with the knowledge that he killed his sister. Maybe the larger issue is who will be held responsible....surely not the child. How about prosecuting the negligent parents for leaving a loaded firearm propped against the wall. Smh!

I agree.  The parents were irresponsible, to say the least.  I won't even get in to the mind set of the children as I can't fathom...........

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM
3 moms liked this
My points that most parents do not allow their kids to shot unsupervised. Considering more kids die from drowning I would say parents with pools are less responsible than parents with guns. Perfectly reasonable equivalent.

Quoting adeber1:

Are you actually comparing a rifle to a pool? False equivalent, but I'll indulge.

No I wouldn't allow a 5 yr old to use a pool unsupervised. What's your point?

Quoting Carpy:

If you bought your child a pool would you let her in it unsupervised? After all it would be here.

Quoting adeber1:

You want to allow young children the use and handling of firearms fine, but let's not quibble about semantics. The Cricket is for children.... to be sold for and owned by children. It doesn't matter who actually buys the damn thing! My daughter has plenty of toys that I bought....the toys still belong to her, not me. They became hers when I gave them to her.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this
When she claims an unborn baby is "not a life growing inside of you" then it is the point where I draw the line. That is cold.

Quoting adeber1:

Wow...just wow. Calling her a murderer is so not okay!

Quoting Carpy:

Murderer.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Awww...poor you.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting RandRMomma:

Yes, if is.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting BellaByrdie:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you.More of the bs drama acting as if responsible parents just hand their kids a gun and say they ya go run along.

Quoting Carpy:

If you bought your child a pool would you let her in it unsupervised? After all it would be here.

Quoting adeber1:

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree..and I had an abortion.I know the law says it wasn't murder but let's keep it real here.. I was a part of taking an innocent life that is murder.

Quoting Carpy:

When she claims an unborn baby is "not a life growing inside of you" then it is the point where I draw the line. That is cold.

Quoting adeber1:

Wow...just wow. Calling her a murderer is so not okay!

Quoting Carpy:

Murderer.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Awww...poor you.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting RandRMomma:

Yes, if is.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting BellaByrdie:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My point is SO WHAT? They are a single shot varmit hunting rifle not an M1.

Quoting adeber1:

That's my whole point. It doesn't matter who buys the rifle if it is given to the child to be used by the child. I'm not even talking about supervised vs unsupervised. The point I'm trying to make is that the Cricket rifle is being marketed and sold to and for children even if they're not actually buying it. In that sense the meme is accurate. Whether or not I agree with the substance of the meme is neither here nor there.

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting adeber1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured