Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This just makes me so sad. While I'm straight I certainly would never disrespect anyone's sexual preference and that's what this sign seems to do. 

When will people be accepted for whatever they are? I suspect never, but it would be nice to see. 

I feel like saying to the friend that posted this on FB, you just don't understand do you? Maybe it's time to remove her from FB. 

by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Replies (171-174):
autodidact
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

throw what in everyone's face? 

Quoting pj2becca21:

It is not wrong. Why did I post it because I'm can't stand women who feel that they are entitled to the same treatment as men, then throw it in everyones face. that is not how you get "equality". they can not be equal. 

Quoting tuplamama:

I live in Scandinavia. Men&women are equal here so really, I do not understand what you say. Here people believe that all people regardless of gender must be treated equally by law. So hitting men here is as wrong as hitting women. Maybe you believe differently, maybe you do believe that women do not deserve same rights as men - I really do not care.

All I wanted to point out that meme you posted is false. And as an agnostic why did you have the need to post false memes from right wing christians? I mean...why did you post that?

Well if you want to be treat as a male equal than you will be treated like a man, that includes being hit like a man. 

Oh a good christian... than you have the wrong girl. I'm agnostic

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

Emilytrademark
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Straight people aren't under constant attack. Posting a sign like that while technically is "equal" to posting a gray-pride type sign, it isn't equal in reality. Flaunting gay pride is standing up against people who are persecuting gays, flaunting straight pride is just someone being a douchebag.

BabyFruit Ticker
autodidact
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:47 PM

does that prevent you from answering questions which are asked of you? 

Quoting pj2becca21:

Oh really have you heard of the learning disorder called Auditory processing disorder.  it more reading, I hope you don't mind....

Quoting greenie63:

Maybe while you're suggesting reading books, you may want to pick one up on how to use "there, their, and they're." 

There's a difference between homosexuality and pedophila. Being homosexual is new? Which book did you read about that? 

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

Diane1223
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM

If Gay people are allowed to have pride, then why can't Straight people have pride?  I am all for Gay Pride, but I feel that you can be proud to be straight, as well.  To each his/her own, Gay or Straight...it is up to the individual.  lightbulb

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN