Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

FBI: Minn. raid disrupts 'localized terror attack' - FOX NEWS covers for white christian terrorists

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 51 Replies

FBI: Minn. raid disrupts 'localized terror attack'

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The FBI believes authorities disrupted "a localized terror attack" in its planning stages when they arrested a man after converging on a western Minnesota mobile home that contained Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs and firearms, the agency said Monday.

Buford Rogers, 24, of Montevideo, was arrested Friday and charged with one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He remained in federal custody Monday and it was not clear if he had an attorney.

"The FBI believed there was a terror attack in its planning stages, and we believe there would have been a localized terror attack, and that's why law enforcement moved quickly to execute the search warrant on Friday to arrest Mr. Rogers," FBI spokesman Kyle Loven said Monday.

Loven declined to elaborate about the location of the alleged target, other than to say it was believed to be in Montevideo, a city of about 5,000 people about 130 miles west of Minneapolis. He also declined to say whether Rogers was believed to be acting alone or as part of a group, or if other arrests were expected.

"This is a very active investigation," he said.

In a news release Monday, the FBI said it believed "the lives of several local residents were potentially saved" by the search and arrest, and said "several guns and explosive devices were discovered." The agency said the alleged terror plot was discovered through analysis of intelligence gathered by local, state and federal authorities.

"Cooperation between the FBI and its federal, state, and local partners enabled law enforcement to prevent a potential tragedy in Montevideo," Christopher Warrener, the special agent in charge of the FBI office in Minneapolis, said in the release.

According to a federal affidavit obtained by The Associated Press on Friday, FBI agents from the domestic terrorism squad searched the property at the mobile home park in Montevideo and discovered the Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs and firearms. The affidavit said Buford was there at the time of the search, and one firearm recovered from Buford's residence was a Romanian AKM assault rifle.

In an interview with authorities, Rogers admitted firing the weapon on two separate occasions at a gun range in Granite Falls, the affidavit said. Rogers has a past conviction for felony burglary and is not allowed to have a firearm.

Rogers is expected to make his initial appearance in federal court this week.

Rogers' 2011 felony burglary conviction stems from an incident in Lac qui Parle County. He also has a 2009 misdemeanor conviction for dangerous handling of a weapon in Hennepin County, as well as other criminal violations, according to online court records.

UPDATE -

Fox News Covers For White Christian Terrorists

Posted by on May 7, 2013 at 10:20 am.

Remember the other day when a terrorist plot was uncovered in Minnesota and the white Christian suspect was apprehended? And remember how subsequent to the arrest Fox News aired wall-to-wall reports about how white Christians ought to be surveilled in their communities and churches; how they should be denied visas; how they should be profiled by law enforcement; and how their ties to right-wing extremists should be investigated?

Fox News

Yeah, neither do I. The truth is that Fox has given this story about Buford Rogers little attention. And worse, they have almost completely ignored the fact that this alleged terrorist is a white member of right-wing militia groups. Fox has even avoided using a picture of Rogers, which would have made his ethnicity apparent.

Given how Fox News is so notoriously sensationalistic and inclined toward hyper-melodramatic presentations of crime and terror-related news items, it might seem curious that they have sought to downplay this story. However, if you know Fox, it would not be surprising that their editors would suppress this item. It does not further their agenda to stigmatize Muslims and other "foreign" types as the primary instigators of terrorism.

None of Fox's primetime programs even mentioned this arrest. And don't hold your breath waiting for Fox to report that a majority of domestic terror incidents since 1995 were committed by right-wing extremists. The "fair and balanced" network is only interested in demonizing dark-skinned infidels, not wholesome, white, Jesus-loving, patriots.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I just read about this.  You beat me to posting about it.  I'm curious about what the target was suppose to be.

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm sure they framed him and it's all part of Obama's plan to inact a police state in an effort to take all our guns. 

(how do you people do it?  Just typing that once idiotic sentence made my head hurt. lol)

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM

First I heard of this. Glad they caught him before he could do any harm.

SuperChicken
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Always a good thing when they can act BEFORE something terrible happens.

lga1965
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I know.....crazy stuff.
He's probably a wingnut. White Supremacist, Patriot,whatever. I am curious. Just makes you wonder what is wrong with people , with the guns,rebellion plans,talk of overthrowing the government, doomsday preppers.

Quoting trippyhippy:

I'm sure they framed him and it's all part of Obama's plan to inact a police state in an effort to take all our guns. 

(how do you people do it?  Just typing that once idiotic sentence made my head hurt. lol)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

They are seriously scary in an escaped mental patient kinda way.

Quoting lga1965:

I know.....crazy stuff.
He's probably a wingnut. White Supremacist, Patriot,whatever. I am curious. Just makes you wonder what is wrong with people , with the guns,rebellion plans,talk of overthrowing the government, doomsday preppers.

Quoting trippyhippy:

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Or it will get swept under the rug if it doesn't concern Islam...

Quoting trippyhippy:

stormcris
by Christy on May. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Aren't they flooding up there and then got more snow?

Perhaps he just got cabin fever and went all The Shining.

What is there to blow up in Montevideo? CMP Fastools? 

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

If he was a known muslim or had an ethnic name there would be 100 plus reply posts about this already. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting trippyhippy:

lga1965
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly.

Quoting trippyhippy:

If he was a known muslim or had an ethnic name there would be 100 plus reply posts about this already. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting trippyhippy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN