Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think this Cyanide and Happiness comic crosses the line?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4music
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Most of them do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM

The whole point of these comics is to cross the line. It's just the nature. Honestly.... I get that we shouldn't be joking about the Holocaust... however people are so damn sensitive about bullshit anymore it's insane!

katy_kay08
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I find it to be extremely distasteful.  Guess I'm not missing out by not following this comic strip.  

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM

You should post that in the thread freaking out about a tasteless greeting card regarding Muslim terrorists. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

The whole point of these comics is to cross the line. It's just the nature. Honestly.... I get that we shouldn't be joking about the Holocaust... however people are so damn sensitive about bullshit anymore it's insane!

Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM

If people want to live in fear constantly about who is going to be offended.... screw them. I'm not sorry... people are making freedom of speech out to be the worse thing and it's going to end up getting stripped.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

You should post that in the thread freaking out about a tasteless greeting card regarding Muslim terrorists. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

SuperChicken
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM

It's not my idea of humor.   I find jokes about murder and genocide rather distasteful.   

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Ugh, I was agreeing with you. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

If people want to live in fear constantly about who is going to be offended.... screw them. I'm not sorry... people are making freedom of speech out to be the worse thing and it's going to end up getting stripped.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I know.... just having a crappy day! LOL Sorry.... didn't mean to make it sound like I was going off on you! I wasn't! It was directed towards the sensitive assholes!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Ugh, I was agreeing with you. 

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! Follow me at MyFitnessPal

Wedding Countdown Ticker

SuperChicken
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Freedom of speech protects people from legal ramifications.   It doesn't protect people from being disagreed with or told they are distasteful.   

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM

but agreeing with something and voicing your opinion can actually be said to be a terroristic act or induction of panic.... Even if it's just opinion. When people went around and said "Kill all the Muslims" after 9/11 they were actually getting arrested in my town because Muslims and Arabs who were Christian were being targeted in the VERBAL attacks. People were trying to say they were voicing their Freedom of Speech rights.... but didn't realize how ignorant they were sounding.

Quoting SuperChicken:

Freedom of speech protects people from legal ramifications.   It doesn't protect people from being disagreed with or told they are distasteful.   

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

The whole point of these comics is to cross the line. It's just the nature. Honestly.... I get that we shouldn't be joking about the Holocaust... however people are so damn sensitive about bullshit anymore it's insane!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)