Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughter suspended for praying at lunch - what would you do?

Posted by   + Show Post

My friend's daughter was got in trouble yesterday for praying at lunch. She said she did what she always does, bowed her head, folded her hands, and said a silent prayer of thanks for her meal before she ate. The teacher slapped her hand on the tabletop, got up, and grabbed her by the arm, taking her to the office where they then put the girl in ISS - in-school suspension - for the rest of the day.

My friend was called to pick her up that afternoon - she normally rides the bus - and they told her about the ISS and why and my friend said she was too stunned to even react. As far as she knows, there's nothing in the code of conduct that prohibits students from praying, especially silently, in school, and she can't figure out why they suddenly got so upset and punished a straight A student for a silent prayer she does EVERY DAY.

What would you do if this happened to your child?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Replies (71-73):
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I really don't see a child getting a suspension for silently praying before lunch.  Was she being disruptive in some way?

If this is indeed true, I'd be speaking to my child's principal, and possibly the Superintendent of the school district.  There isn't any reason why someone can't pray before a meal.

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on May. 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I would call the ACLU. 

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you mean to say that CM pays posters to post?! Whether or not the posts are shit?! Hey- I could use some $$$$$$. Sign me up !!!!!!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

There are moderators in groups who are paid to post.  They have to post a certain amount in order to be within the guidelines of such.  Most do not make stories up, however, but post actual media events.  

As for this story, I don't buy it for a second.  Seems more than obvious something else happened or nothing at all happened and this is just made up to do what it is doing, bringing in traffic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured