Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Baby Safe Havens; What are your thoughts?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

Abandoned babies find ‘Safe Haven’ in yellow cabs

This year the Ambulance Medical Technician (AMT) Children of Hope Foundation is going yellow, taxi-cab yellow that is. The AMT Children of Hope Foundation is a non-profit organization located in Mineola, N.Y., and was founded by Timothy Jaccard in an effort to save new born babies from possible abandonment from their birth mothers.

AMT Children of Hope Baby Safe Haven

Photo Credit: AMT Children of Hope Baby Safe Haven.

Baby Safe Haven is a program that allows birth mothers to relinquish their newborns with no questions asked to a safe location. The program was established in 1998 when Jaccard, a medical officer for Nassau County, went on numerous emergency calls involving babies who were abandoned by their mothers and left to die.

Jaccard says he feels that something needed to be done after he attended a call in Hempstead where a baby was buried in a plastic bag in a backyard, and Baby Safe Haven was born.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lokilover
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Good.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Here is the link. There is a video that goes along with this but I am having trouble with the "gremilins" again.......

NY: Abandoned babies find 'Safe Haven' in yellow cabs (Video)
Long Island Report - May 06, 2013
This year the Ambulance Medical Technician (AMT) Children of Hope Foundation is going yellow, taxi-cab yellow that is. The AMT Children of Hope Foundation is a non-profit organization located in Mineola, N.Y., and was founded by Timothy Jaccard in an effort to save new born babies from possible abandonment from their birth mothers.
http://longislandreport.org/multimedia/abandoned-babies-find-safe-haven-in-yellow-cabs/17902

lokilover
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Here is the link. There is a video that goes along with this but I am having trouble with the "gremilins" again.......

This year the Ambulance Medical Technician (AMT) Children of Hope Foundation is going yellow, taxi-cab yellow that is. The AMT Children of Hope Foundation is a non-profit organization located in Mineola, N.Y., and was founded by Timothy Jaccard in an effort to save new born babies from possible abandonment from their birth mothers.
http://longislandreport.org/multimedia/abandoned-babies-find-safe-haven-in-yellow-cabs/17902

Your link isn't working for me.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

It's the gremilins. Nasty little creatures.....what can I say? 

Quoting lokilover:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/99198/forums/create_post.php?forum_id=99198&topic_id=18477738&quote_post=229688355

Your link isn't working for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)