Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What would you give the Cleveland kidnapping victims, if you could?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this

They missed so much of their young lives. Just thinking about my own daughters, and how much fun they had in high school and now in their twenties, I wish I could give these young women back all those years they spent under the tyrant who kidnapped them.

I would give them each a beach house this summer where they could fall asleep to the sound of the ocean's waves, peaceful at last and in complete safety. In the day they could walk along the shore catching up on the years they've missed with family members. And lie in the warm sand and let the sun heal them and the water wash over them, melting away the worry of the past ten years.  

What would you give them? 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:10 AM
3 moms liked this

I honestly have no idea. A more just society where these things don't happen. I'd wave my magic wand and poof, the sociopaths are eliminated from our species. 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM
9 moms liked this

10 years back.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on May. 8, 2013 at 1:47 AM
2 moms liked this

A warning: keep the head shrinkers AWAY.

There will be loads of ppl out to tell you what you must do, in order to move on/heal/(***puuuuuke***)get closure. 

BANISH THEM.

You've had 10 yrs of autonomy taken from you.

So do/feel/think/act/want/be...whatever & however the hell you want.

MissTacoBell
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
This.

I remember watching the story on the news a month before I graduated high school. She's a year younger than me.

But I would give them a house of their own and a free ride to school do they can at least pick up where they left off in peace.

Quoting LindaClement:

10 years back.

MentorMom1
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I agree. They're adults now. They will need a place to live and an education or career training to move forward in their lives. They should have it, too. And I think it should come from the sale of every possession their captors own. 

Quoting MissTacoBell:

This.

I remember watching the story on the news a month before I graduated high school. She's a year younger than me.

But I would give them a house of their own and a free ride to school do they can at least pick up where they left off in peace.

Quoting LindaClement:

10 years back.

MissTacoBell
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Yep

Quoting MentorMom1:

I agree. They're adults now. They will need a place to live and an education or career training to move forward in their lives. They should have it, too. And I think it should come from the sale of every possession their captors own. 

Quoting MissTacoBell:

This.

Quoting LindaClement:

10 years back.

Piskie
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Room. Room to cry, scream, curse, whatever they want to do, without them knowing the world is watching.....
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM

A time machine.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM

This!!!!!!

There is nothing anyone can give them to help them.  This is a journey they will take together but alone.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

A warning: keep the head shrinkers AWAY.

There will be loads of ppl out to tell you what you must do, in order to move on/heal/(***puuuuuke***)get closure. 

BANISH THEM.

You've had 10 yrs of autonomy taken from you.

So do/feel/think/act/want/be...whatever & however the hell you want.

Talee
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM
3 moms liked this

The one girls mother. That just breaks my heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN