Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something different and FUN! We don't see a lot of that here. I have a guilty pleasure. What is yours?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 128 Replies
2 moms liked this

Dance Moms... Yep. I hate to admit it, but that is mine. I think most of them are certifiable, but as a life long dancer, I can not stop watching. There are episodes where I think I may need BP meds, but I continue to do it. I know what I would ask if given the chance, and after watching the reunion tonight, not ONE of the audience  members asked what I would have. Maybe it is due to editing? Not sure. The sane part of my brain tells me I need to quit watching, however, the dancer and drama queen in  me cannot help it. Lol 

What is  your guilty pleasure? No judgement here. This is all for fun. ;-) 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Eating chocolate by myself while dd sleeps while watching Worlds Worst Tenants and American Greed outside of TBN
AlekD
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Cafemom is my guilty pleasure :)

Oh..and amish romance novels. Haha
NutHouseMomma
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Me too, though I only danced for about 17 years before I hung it up. I love that show!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Dance Moms... Yep. I hate to admit it, but that is mine. I think most of them are certifiable, but as a life long dancer, I can not stop watching. There are episodes where I think I may need BP meds, but I continue to do it. I know what I would ask if given the chance, and after watching the reunion tonight, not ONE of the audience  members asked what I would have. Maybe it is due to editing? Not sure. The sane part of my brain tells me I need to quit watching, however, the dancer and drama queen in  me cannot help it. Lol 

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 8, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I used to feel guilty about CM. No longer. ;-) 

what is an Amish Romance novel?? 

Quoting AlekD:

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 8, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I chose to be a stay at home mom and hung up my dance and teaching shoes at 26. I miss it terribly. I live for SYTYCD. ;/) premier in a few weeks!!! In the meantime I indulge in the insanity of Dance Moms. Lol 

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

Me too, though I only danced for about 17 years before I hung it up. I love that show!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

AlekD
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:47 AM
A romance novel about amish people, lol. Like a normal romance novel but with less sex and more praying.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting AlekD:

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 8, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Sounds kinda cool and interesting. ;-)

Quoting AlekD:

A romance novel about amish people, lol. Like a normal romance novel but with less sex and more praying.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting AlekD:

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Kicking back and watching The Tudors.............again..........................and again..............and watching it on Netflix even though I own all four seasons and saw all four seasons when they first aired.

Great story, beautiful sets and costumes and let's be honest here--Jonathon Rhys Meyers. 'Nuff said with him alone! ;)

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 8, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I miss dance so very much. I had hoped one of my 3 daughters would follow, but they have chosen cheer, and gymnastics. Don't get me wrong, I am super proud, they love dance and music, so that is awesome, but I do wish one of them had chosen dance. Lol. They are young. It could change, for one, maybe two of them. My middle has found her passion and talent in gymnastics, and I am very proud of her. My I,rest is the cheerleader, but she has an obvious attraction to dance. She has just not joined into a dance group. We moved and found her cheer team, which is awesome and makes her happy for now. However, I see that look in her eyes when she doest dance and when she watches it. I still have hope. :-)

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 8, 2013 at 1:57 AM

That is a great show. It doesn't hurt that he isn't hard to look at. Lol ;-)

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Kicking back and watching The Tudors.............again..........................and again..............and watching it on Netflix even though I own all four seasons and saw all four seasons when they first aired.

Great story, beautiful sets and costumes and let's be honest here--Jonathon Rhys Meyers. 'Nuff said with him alone! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured