Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Reality Star Says Breastfeeding Is Incestual & Gross - Do you agree?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 68 Replies

Wacky Reality Star Says Breastfeeding Is 'Incestual' & 'Gross' (VIDEO)

by Kiri Blakeley

I think women should get to decide whether breastfeeding is right for them and not be judged by other women for their decision. I know a woman who couldn't produce enough milk for her child and needed to supplement it with formula, and yet my other friend, who is not a judgmental person on the whole, said she just "hadn't tried hard enough." Woah. Women really get crazy on this whole breastfeeding issue. So I have no problem with the fact that model and Miss USA runnerup Shanna Moakler, who used to have a realty show with her former husband Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, didn't breastfeed any of her three children. But her reason is the wackiest I've ever heard!

A TMZ videocamera guy stops Shanna in what appears to be a parking garage and asks her if she's ever heard of the "fact" that babies who are breastfed are more likely to be slim than those who weren't. (Leave it to these TMZ guys to come up with such celeb stoppers!)

"I've never heard of that," says Shanna, a mom of three. "I didn't breastfeed. I'm selfish."

Okaaaaay. So far she's sounding a tad drunk or off her rocker, but whatever. I think it's okay to want to not breastfeed for your own reasons. She should have had the sense to stop there, but does she look like she has sense to you? So she continues ...

"I just look at my breasts as like sexual ... and it's incestual and gross ... I don't like it. I couldn't do it." Err, what?!

Shanna sounds like she can't think of herself as anything OTHER than an object of sexual desire. Shanna, your babies wouldn't be sucking on your boobs for sexual purposes, ya weirdo. This is what happens when you spend your whole life on the beauty and modeling circuit. Shanna, babies just want food, not nookie. Comprende?

It's bad enough that men sexualize women's breasts and breastfeeding to the point where women still have to fight for the right to breastfeed in public, but women have to do it too?

What do you think about what Shanna says?

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on May. 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM
8 moms liked this

I think someone who feels that way is best serving her child by not breastfeeding.

I think most women don't feel the way she does.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM

She is an idiot.  

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

I think someone who feels that way is best serving her child by not breastfeeding.

I think most women don't feel the way she does.

I agree. Her video wasn't as harsh as the article makes it out to be. She says she fully supports BFing but you can tell she is really uncomfortable with the idea of her doing it. 

Koltie6
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this
With the research showing all the healrh benefits to a child that is breastfed.? If the thought if nursing your child makes you feel this way you probably have underlying issues.
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, then I think she should be glad incest was acceptable until the 20th century....

PamR
by Pam on May. 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Dumb.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think she understands incest.

mikesmom65270
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM

She's obviously an idiot. 

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I think she has an opinion on breastfeeding.  That's all.

jllcali
by Jane on May. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Bowel movements are gross, too. Doesn't mean they aren't natural and necessary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)