Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Travis Barker's Ex Shanna Moakler Says Breast Feeding is 'Gross' and 'Incestuous'

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 10 Replies

Travis Barker's Ex Shanna Moakler Says Breast Feeding is 'Gross' and 'Incestuous'

article image
By Ashley Davis, Tue, May 07, 2013

Travis Barker's ex Shanna Moakler shared her thoughts about breastfeeding when TMZ reporters asked her about it on Friday night as she left a club.

It soon turned into a rant about the act, as she said, "I just look at my breasts as like sexual and I think it is incestual. It's gross, I don't like it. I am sorry."

She pointed to her breasts and said, "I saved [them], I'm selfish."

Moakler, 38, realized she might be offending women, and said, "Breastfeeding, I don't like no, sorry I couldn't do it but I totally support it, I think it's awesome."

The camerman then asked her if she had ever tasted her own breast milk. She then ran away laughing.

On Tuesday she was facing criticism from mothers who breastfeed, and tweeted a defense.

"This has been a heated debate for decades...end of the day, it is a woman's PERSONAL choice and it should be respected #formula4life."

"If you choose to breast feed I think that's wonderful and I celebrate the women who can do it and choose too. It was NOT for me."

"You know what I love about America. we are all free to have different opinions and what's good for you may not be for another," she said.

Sources: Daily Mail

by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this
She's entitled to her opinion and as she said its every woman's decision and no one else's business.
futureshock
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I don't see why breastfeeding mothers would be bothered by this.

IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I know she's entitled to her opinion but her opinion makes me sad. frown mini

JMmama
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't know who either of these people are but why would the paparazzi ask her about breastfeeding when she was leaving a club? That seems really random...
dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on May. 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I think there are quite a few women who feel this way. They may not say it in those words for pete's sake.... 

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on May. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

My Mom feels this way but I think it is directly related to the fact that she was molested by her older brother for most of her childhood. 

LAHnTAH0812
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
You know what's gross?
Cheating on your husband.
Boom.
unspecified42
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I've never heard of either of those people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
All i got from that is she thinks preforming incest with a baby is awesome.....
SuperChicken
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It is kinda funny.  She calls breastfeeding mothers gross and incestuous, but like totally thinks that's awesome and she supports it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN