Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

should we raise taxes, take more loans, (borrow)., or just print money....?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

It's funny in a way that when we go to level ourselves within it's boundries (to pay back a debt which we had created).... that we are servant to the lender, so in a slave-like fashion,...we act out the debt OWNING process to a debt paying back completion. 

What is so bad about paying back any debts?

It's like this.   We don't mind getting a job if it's something we don't owe mountains of taxes on behalf of.  So we ultimately do want to either have a business of our own, that we control how much we make, and spend, and we know how much to be taxed or so we think.

When people get what they want... like their own business they are busy, hopefully happier, or just content.

When those who cannot get that level of life to work for them, they take anything out there that will get them food.  And live within that.  Like I did.

When I went to quit a certain job that was "wearing" physically.... I got into the 1 side of life where my spouse was into racking up credit debt with saying he was deserving of having such rewards.

I only saw it my way.  OF course!   Now after 7 yrs. the debts are erased.  So long as we don't go making soaring amounts of money or show any effort of having jobs, and he wont' complain about that since it will not affect his disability.  ; I do feel bad for his decision to just hover and be compaicent about that.   I was always a worker with passion about my only money being what I paid for rent and food.  And I earned sustanence.   It's pride filling, and rewarding to just have a job.   It's actually very godly.

I do see that different times of life dictate different standards.    Rewards can wait for me.

I still see it as if I have a job, and the spouse that's willing will take the children to do extracurricular stuff.

Now as for the entire society as a system.   I cannot see that forest except for it's simple singular trees. Each one different and each pattern unique, and each marriage, couple, person, child, elder, a real creation to only give to God what they see as personal.   The way it should be. 

So if taxes are raised, really what good does it do.?  What good did it do to build water dams?  the water just erodes away land and makes bigger levies necessary.   So what good is any progress?  Should we just print more money???  Yes.  It's what makes the world spin.  If it doesn't make it spin, just 1 day take all the money away and see what effect it has on our globe.  1 goofy fool day, just 1 little 24 hr. spin, just 1 earth's rotation,  1 sleepy or work filled day.   . . no money.  nothin.  empty.   Just live.

by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

According to our ten year old son, we should just print money and stop acting like we're so broke.  Yes, my son told this to me about 6 months ago.  Problem solved!!

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Why don't we just print money?

New money is printed everyday in the form of debt. A system based on fiat currency is just smoke and mirrors and falls apart as soon as people realize they are being taken for a ride.

lga1965
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Ehhhh.....?

blurp
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Surely it makes no sense to have credit cards in the first place.   It seems that if one can't afford to buy, ...(anything) just don't.    We had times to need certain things like material stuff that had to go on credit, ( says other half ) but what didn't make sense was not paying it to a 'down' level of comfortable credit, and then charging more when more comfortable.   This socieity reeks of credit bait.

So I agree with the reply and saying that it's just a debt with paper dollar attachment.   Someone is always in debt, always... it's never ending.   Until we make things with an intent not on pricing them so nobody can afford them,... there will be debt.

It makes clear the things we should do and shouldn't do.   For ex: diapers.   I could get by in buying/ using liners and not have to change them for hrs. on end.  as long as not wet.   This saved tons of cash.

Maybe someone else will benefit from that method.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Why don't we just print money?

New money is printed everyday in the form of debt. A system based on fiat currency is just smoke and mirrors and falls apart as soon as people realize they are being taken for a ride.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)