Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The law in America is 18 years old and you are legal to have sex with any age, be in a relationship with any age, etc... 

We consider any man who is older who is attracted to or sexually interested in a girl under 18 a pervert. Over 18, it's okay. not a perversion, because it's legal. 

But if you think about it, that age isn't a moral make or break on what is not perversion, it's just the law, they had to pick an age.. 

So let's say the law was 20 instead of 18. Would an older man sexually involved with a 19 year old girl be a pervert, because the law was different? 

Or say it was 16. Would a 30 year old with a 17 year old suddenly be okay? 

What is your opinion? 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Replies (11-13):
Talee
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM

The seriously disgusting ones to me anyway are the ones going for girls in puberty. 

Talee
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Quoting SLTmom:

I don't think it's  the cutoff line per se, that makes a situation pervy; for instance an 18 y/o with a 17 y/o is not considered a perv.  A 30 year old with a girl young enough to be his dd...yeah, perv. Also, a 20 with a 16 may not be a perv, but not really appropriate either.  It has more to with being in totally different places in their lives than the ages themselves.

Then again, I'm sure I cold find a case of a 20 year old with a 16 year old and it's true love, not pervy, and they spend their entire lives blissfully in love.  Shrug.  It's all dependent on circumstances.

This here makes sense to me.

Jen #1238904688930684906

rfurlongg
by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM
The law differs from state to state. Age of consent in TX is 14. As along as the consenting partners are within a three year spread it is not considered statutory. Seventeen is the age of reason so so as long as your partner is not more than 3yrs younger you are all good. While I agree the law can often be perceived as arbitrary it was based on typical development.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured