Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pagans and Wiccans

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 33 Replies

I noticed there are a lot of them here one cm. I'm an atheist myself, my family is christian. I have muslim friends and what not. But I don't know much about either of those two belief systems. I'm not even sure it's appropriate to call them religions? I know paganism is more centered around nature, but I see those themes in wicca as well. It's almost midnight, I can't sleep, I am interested in hearing about your beliefs, why you chose the religion/lifestyle (and which of those you'd call it). and what exactly paganism and wicca entail, because I know they're different. I realize this is all a google search away, but I'd like to hear from real people, and what it means to them.

I am here to learn! Tell me your beliefs, friends!

by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 9, 2013 at 3:09 AM
I want to answer, but my phone is about ro die. I'll be back tomorrow...
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Pagan religions are any religions that do not fall under the "Christian" umbrella. Wiccans are pagans. 

rfhsure
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:52 AM

I've had wiccans tell me they're not pagan, and pagans tell me they're not wiccan. Whats the driving difference? And I wouldn't consider muslims pagans, what's the defining line would you say?

Quoting glitterteaz:

Pagan religions are any religions that do not fall under the "Christian" umbrella. Wiccans are pagans. 

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Pagan religions are usually considered to be non-Abrahamic in nature - I.e., not Islam, Judaism, or Christianity. Wicca technically falls under that. The best example I can think of is Christianity. You can be a Christian, but under that there's Presbyterian, Catholic, Baptist, etc...
rfhsure
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Ah I smell what you're stepping in. But if someone says theyre pagan, usually they have specific rituals, rites, etc. they participate in. What would someone who is pagan do to practice paganism?

Quoting slashteddy:

Pagan religions are usually considered to be non-Abrahamic in nature - I.e., not Islam, Judaism, or Christianity. Wicca technically falls under that. The best example I can think of is Christianity. You can be a Christian, but under that there's Presbyterian, Catholic, Baptist, etc...

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I am pagan I believe that the bible is stories formed by people in history to explain the solar system. Think about it 12 apostles = 12 constellations, Son of god = The sun, Crucifixion, buried for 3 days and resurrected can be attributed to dozens and dozens of other figures that lived way before Jesus and how it's all only astrological and that's it..The sun is jesus and the other figures. The sun resurrects and gives life, like why do you think you see a circle on crosses. People have been told it's a Halo to disguise the fact that it's the sun really. wow How on Dec. 22,23,24, the sun stays on the same spot every day and rises up on the 3rd day for the spring equinox, giving life. How the ten commandment were taken outright from spell 125 in the Egyptian book of the dead. There is just too many things to be dispelled. 

I basically just believe in the sun. I trust that it will come up every morning and set every evening and provide the earth with the power to feed and take care of me.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:06 AM

if they say they are not a pagan religion they would be either new to the practice or ignorant. Muslims believe in a Christ figure they just have a different name for him. I guess the best dividing line would be illuminated manuscripts divide the Christian umbrella and the Pagans. Pagans do not have illuminated manuscripts they do have books of shadows in some Pagan religions however those are made by the practitioner or coven.

Quoting rfhsure:

I've had wiccans tell me they're not pagan, and pagans tell me they're not wiccan. Whats the driving difference? And I wouldn't consider muslims pagans, what's the defining line would you say?

Quoting glitterteaz:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:07 AM

every pagan sector is different

Quoting rfhsure:

Ah I smell what you're stepping in. But if someone says theyre pagan, usually they have specific rituals, rites, etc. they participate in. What would someone who is pagan do to practice paganism?

Quoting slashteddy:

Debmomto2girls
by Debbie on May. 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Wow... I have nerve heard it explained that way.. Very interesting!!

Quoting glitterteaz:

I am pagan I believe that the bible is stories formed by people in history to explain the solar system. Think about it 12 apostles = 12 constellations, Son of god = The sun, Crucifixion, buried for 3 days and resurrected can be attributed to dozens and dozens of other figures that lived way before Jesus and how it's all only astrological and that's it..The sun is jesus and the other figures. The sun resurrects and gives life, like why do you think you see a circle on crosses. People have been told it's a Halo to disguise the fact that it's the sun really. wow How on Dec. 22,23,24, the sun stays on the same spot every day and rises up on the 3rd day for the spring equinox, giving life. How the ten commandment were taken outright from spell 125 in the Egyptian book of the dead. There is just too many things to be dispelled. 

I basically just believe in the sun. I trust that it will come up every morning and set every evening and provide the earth with the power to feed and take care of me.

AMBG825
by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Pagans, as stated, are those that don't follow the Abrahamic religions - Islam, Christianity, Judaism.

Wicca is an earth based religion centered on the cycles of nature.

Not all Pagans are Wiccan but all Wiccans are Pagan. Usually when people say they're Pagan, they are just indicating that they are not a Christian. Wiccans do have a lot of rituals involved with them but so do several other Pagan religions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured