Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Customers say the funniest things...

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 19 Replies

After ringing up a customer yesterday and hitting the total button, she all of a sudden said "Oh no! I forgot his nuts! Can I go get his nuts?" Trying to keep my composure, the only thing I could say was "sure" lol.

I know some of you guys work in retail/customer service, any funny stories out there?

"Oh come on! Am I talking to myself here? I say they're vegetarian. You say GRR. I say can we talk about this? You say GRR. I don't call that communication." GRRR! "See, that's your answer to everything." --- Sid

by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM
4 moms liked this

Ha ha!  I worked in a doctor's office a long time ago.  One of our docs did vasectomies.

A lady called in to make appt.

Lady:  I need to get an appt to have my Charlie fixed.

Me:  Thinking I have never heard it put quite that way, but anyhoo...proceeded to schedule the appointment.

We hit a hitch when I gave her the instruction, one of which was that someone would need to drive Charlie home.

Lady:  Quiet for a moment with this information.

Me:  Ma'am?

Lady:  With the "you are an idiot" tone in her voice....Of course, I will drive him home he is afterall a DOG!

Me:  What?

Lady:  With incredulty.....He is a DOG!

At this point I got tickled because it hit me that she was not wanting an appt with our Dr. Sharp...but with the VET Dr. Sharp!  We both had a good giggle

elkmomma
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I once heard a convo between 2 guys looking at little kid bikes with a young female customer service employee trying to help them find the right bike ....G1 "did you find them?"  G2 "yup got a good set"  G1  How many pairs in that set?   G2  "4"   Don't worry about it, I got your balls in my pocket"    That poor girl just blushed redder than a cooked lobster.   All SO and I could do was laugh 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM

lol

parentalrights1
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to work in a deli and we mistakenly didnt cook enough breasts for all our fried chicken bags so I lowered the price and out thighs in instead

Some guy came up asking why one was cheaper than the others so I told him I mistakenly didnt cook enough breasts and replaced them with thighs.

He looked relieved and told me he was glad I made a mistake while grabbing the bag so I asked "you don't like breasts?"

And he gives me this serious look "I love breasts"
coronado25
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Everyone has different tastes. And every bartender is not a fiend for a variety of booze. I have not tasted all of the rotating 25 beers on tap and 30 some beers in bottles and over 300 liquors we carry at the bar I work at...so I find it funny when customers ask "What's good?" or "What do you like?" as if my being a bartender means I drink on the job sampling everything. If they insist upon drinking what I like best...this does happen. They walk away with a Miller Lite...looking like they have been duped!! I just dont get it. Cracks me up though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

They're hitting on you...

Quoting coronado25:

Everyone has different tastes. And every bartender is not a fiend for a variety of booze. I have not tasted all of the rotating 25 beers on tap and 30 some beers in bottles and over 300 liquors we carry at the bar I work at...so I find it funny when customers ask "What's good?" or "What do you like?" as if my being a bartender means I drink on the job sampling everything. If they insist upon drinking what I like best...this does happen. They walk away with a Miller Lite...looking like they have been duped!! I just dont get it. Cracks me up though.
DSamuels
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I admit to saying almost the same thing once. We (hubby & 2 kids) stopped at a grocery store once for some peanuts. We were in a hurry and had walked all over before I saw a young guy who worked there. I walked up to him and asked, "where are your nuts." As soon as the words were out I was so embarrassed!

When I worked at a grocery store we used to have people tell us all the time "that's on sale 3/99 cents." We'd tell them yes, it was. They'd then tell us, "but it rang up for 33 cents." Basic math people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1Giovanni
by Becca on May. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Without thinking one time, I was at the store looking for a meat ponder, have no clue what is really called. lol. I asked one of the guys that worked at kmart where I can find this. He showed me where they where then asked me if this would work.

I replied, "Ya, all I want to do is beat me meat." All of the sudden he started laughing and a couple other guys. It took me awhile to get why they where laughing. lol

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
You should check out the website Not Always Right. It's basically this same exact stuff.

I had a customer once insist on an outlet powered baby bath. He said it was because he wanted to plug it in in the living room instead of using it over the sink (it was a baby jacuzzi). I tried to tell him that not only can he use the battery-powered ones ANYWHERE, but hooking a tub of water into the wall and putting your baby in it is terribly unsafe. He didn't get it and left muttering about how he would McGuyver an old cell phone charger to do it. Wtf.
MandaMommyof2
by New Member on May. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)