Movoto, a real estate blog, put together a list of what they call the most redneck cities in America. And pardner, North Texas was on that list faster than a Moon Pie melts in a hot pickup truck.
The blog compiled its rather unique criteria for ranking redneck cities:
- Percent of population that didn’t complete high school
- Number of gun and ammo stores per capita
- Number of taxidermists per capita
- Number of cowboy boot stores per capita
- Number of country radio stations per capita
- Number of NASCAR race tracks close by
- Number of Walmarts per capita
- Number of riding lawn mower/tractor repair shops per capita
Atlanta takes the top spot, while Fort Worth and Arlington rank in the bottom half at number six and number seven. Oklahoma was the only other state with two cities in the top 10 as our redneck brothers in Oklahoma City and Tulsa ranked number three and number five.
See Movoto's rankings for the most redneck cities below.
1. Atlanta, GA
2. Kansas City, MO
3. Oklahoma City, OK
4. Nashville, TN
5. Tulsa, OK
6. Fort Worth, TX
7. Arlington, TX
8. Sacramento, CA
9. Cleveland, OH