Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Comical Craigslist Ad, Once Again I Found Another One!

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

LOL I just saw this looking for something silly and lookie what I found! 

Stupid lit tropical xmas tree (Laurel)

This is a really stupid artificial mini-palm tree that lights up with Christmas lights. I guess it's supposed to be whimsical or some stupid thing. It belonged to my mother-in-law, who had it in her awfully-decorated home in Florida, before she came to live with us and then graced us with its ugly presence. Now that she's in a home forever, I would like to remove this awful thing and its aura from our home, so that life can again prosper here. But perhaps you would like it? Maybe you also have a mother-in-law with no taste who would appreciate the plastic splendor? Perhaps you are an avant-garde artiste who could use it as a commentary on the garishness of civilization? Or maybe you just need a really awful white elephant gift for someone next Christmas? Whatever your twisted reason for wanting this awful thing, you have 72 hours from the time I post this to claim it. After that, its environmentally-destructive PVCs go into a landfill.
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jessica1078
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't believe he was giving that away!!! omg I paid thousands for mine!!! yeah right lol would've been great for my grandma. lol
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Ads like this crack me up. I have a sweatshirt collection I have to break out when my MIL visits. They all have puffy embroidered cats on them with a frilly faux collar and I look like a ridiculous dork. I think she gets them for me to be evil and see if I wear them.
SuperChicken
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should post pictures :)

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Ads like this crack me up. I have a sweatshirt collection I have to break out when my MIL visits. They all have puffy embroidered cats on them with a frilly faux collar and I look like a ridiculous dork. I think she gets them for me to be evil and see if I wear them.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM

lol!  I love the "best of Craigslist" part of craigslist.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I had an aunt that was rather shameless about it. I was the only girl child on both sides of the family. So not only did I have the words "pummeling victim" written on my forehead but I was subject to ridiculously frilly and cutesy outfits that could be bought or smocked or cross stitched or embroidered or crocheted or knitted or free hand fabric painting or decopauge (sp) or whatever crafty trend they were trying that year.
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I would but then I'd lose my total badass reputation I've worked so hard for. LOL. mmhmm

Quoting SuperChicken:

I think you should post pictures :)

Quoting lizzielouaf:

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I remember when I was 24 having to sit my Mom down and have a conversation that I was too old for cat sweatshirts. Why is it always cats? 

Hafsa1
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I have a friend who has a tree like this in michigan! It's crazy hot in her house in the winter, so the palm tree goes with it I guess. Also the cat can't climb it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN