Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

12-year-old brother charged in stabbing death of 8-year-old California girl

Posted by   + Show Post

I just saw this sad update. :(

Did you suspect he might be involved from when the initial reports came out? Or find this to be a total shock?

Either way, it's just really awful for the family. I can't imagine what the parents are going through.

by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
gma12.1
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM

That is such a sad story.

AF2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM
That's just horrible :(
MissMoonlight
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I thought it was the parents....
BestestMom11
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
This, exactly.

What a little monster. I feel for the parents.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Sadly I thought he was the culprit from the begining. I honestly thought authorities said he wasn't a suspect to make sure they could get any information out of him, and make sure he nor his greiving parents, didn't go on guard. 

AmyParent
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
It honestly never crossed my mind. I was shocked when my news app flashed with update this evening :( such an awful terrible situation.
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Same here.

Quoting popomill:

That's so messed up. I'm assuming this has been going on for a while? I've been out of touch with the news world lately.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MrS.ACosTa190
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Back story?
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't imagine the pain and agony the parents are going through right now.  What the hell happened here?  This boy is 12 years old.  We have no details at this point, but even if he were fighting with his sister, how does it escalate into grabbing a knife and stabbing her to death?  A boy that age knows right from wrong and that a knife can cause death.  I'm at a loss.

chefmartha
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I'm not surprised in the least. When I saw the original report I just had a feeling that the brother might have had something to do with it. I don't know why it was just one of those weird feelings.

Ziva65
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM

honestly, it didn't occur to me in the beginning. Then I spoke with a few friends who live in that area, and that was their first thought. Nothing else added up. They just wondered how he would have cleaned up so fast- I guess we'll find out. They must have had some evidence to arrest him, I suppose. The news just said he'd been arrested.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)