Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

12-year-old brother charged in stabbing death of 8-year-old California girl

Posted by   + Show Post

I just saw this sad update. :(

Did you suspect he might be involved from when the initial reports came out? Or find this to be a total shock?

Either way, it's just really awful for the family. I can't imagine what the parents are going through.

by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
FL2AK
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Sadly it did not surprise me at all.
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Poor family
marinenonstop
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM
That poor family. Sadly in cases such as these..where the child/ren are left alone and there is no sign of forced entry..I tend to believe the family play a role. I suspected it was him but hoped it wasn't.
Kaybean
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Quoting cjsmom1:

I haven't heard anything about this. It's sad and I can't imagine how hard it is on the parents.

BeAmour
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh yeah. I was willing to bet on it. The whole thing didn't seem right.
MsEmma88
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:02 AM
We are in the next town over. At first we thought it was the brother but then neighbors reported seeing him and then all the cops went crazy trying to find the guy.
agrisham13mom
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM
We live very close to valley springs and I thought all along that he brother had some involvement. The story didn't add up and the way the authorities were acting pointed towards him. It's so sad for the family especially their parents.
GleekingOut
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I thought something sounded odd. As I said in the other post; when both I and my DD started babysitting (both at about 12) we always made sure that our charges were in the same room as us - if we had to go to the bathroom we asked them to watch TV for a few minutes; and we didn't want our privliges of staying home/babysitting without a babysitter watching *us* revoked so we were extremely careful. So when I heard that the brother was supposedly outside while she was inside I was like 'hold on. That doesn't sound right at all." And then I thought 'wouldn't someone have heard the screams?'

nickellmomof2
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:32 AM
No, I'm not surprised. We live in the same county and have been following the case closely. Unfortunately I suspected it was the brother from the get go. Three different suspect descriptions from the kid, no evidence and the kid was the only one who saw anything at all. It just didn't add up and was really fishy. What a tragedy.
Schauseil
by on May. 12, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Those poor kids. What kind of parents are they?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN