Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

12-year-old brother charged in stabbing death of 8-year-old California girl

Posted by   + Show Post

I just saw this sad update. :(

Did you suspect he might be involved from when the initial reports came out? Or find this to be a total shock?

Either way, it's just really awful for the family. I can't imagine what the parents are going through.

by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
zasemom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:08 AM
We had a situation like that not long ago where I live. Little sister was shot by someone driving by....then big brother finally admitted it. They were about 13 and 17

. Knowing that, when I first heard this story, my gut told me it was the brother. It's a sad situation and I hope that family finds some kind of peace.
jeweldragons
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:23 AM

That is just sad.  If that 12 year old did do it who knows if he will be charged as an adult (probably not) in which case his record will be closed when he turns 18.  I wonder why he killed his sister.  Maybe they need to look into the kids' home life to see if something was going on or maybe the kid is just a sick sociopath.

Knightquester
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Actually, I kind of guessed it and wondered if they had put the boy under enough scrutiny.  He had given them a sketchy description and they couldn't find any evidence of breaking and entering.

zboys
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Holy cow!

5PointedHuman
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this

"Citizens of Calaveras County can sleep a little better tonight," Kuntz said.

How? Knowing that a 12 year old child has committed a murder? That wouldn't make me feel better. 

209mom4you
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:42 AM
I read an article that said he won't be tried as an adult and that the earliest he'd get out would be at age 25

Quoting jeweldragons:

That is just sad.  If that 12 year old did do it who knows if he will be charged as an adult (probably not) in which case his record will be closed when he turns 18.  I wonder why he killed his sister.  Maybe they need to look into the kids' home life to see if something was going on or maybe the kid is just a sick sociopath.

209mom4you
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Someone was arrested.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

How? Knowing that a 12 year old child has committed a murder? That wouldn't make me feel better. 

5PointedHuman
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Is that really all people need? That's sad.

Quoting 209mom4you:

Someone was arrested.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

209mom4you
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:56 AM
5 moms liked this
To sleep a little better. Yeah... They now know someone isn't out there about to strike again. Of course the result of the case is unsettling but come on. Now that someone is locked up for the murder they know that same murderer isn't gonna show up at their house.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Is that really all people need? That's sad.

Quoting 209mom4you:

Someone was arrested.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

lasombrs
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:58 AM

so sad I hadn't seen teh story :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)