Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

12-year-old brother charged in stabbing death of 8-year-old California girl

Posted by   + Show Post

I just saw this sad update. :(

Did you suspect he might be involved from when the initial reports came out? Or find this to be a total shock?

Either way, it's just really awful for the family. I can't imagine what the parents are going through.

by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
suzieq114
by New Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:02 AM

I feel sad for the family and that was mis up about that

bad_mama2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:04 AM

This is part of the reason children that young shouldn't be left home alone, I wonder why he did it? I feel for their family, they've lost two children.

simple frown

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 12, 2013 at 6:16 AM
4 moms liked this

Children at age 12 shouldn't be left at home alone for fear they may murder someone? You have to be joking....

Quoting bad_mama2011:

This is part of the reason children that young shouldn't be left home alone, I wonder why he did it? I feel for their family, they've lost two children.

simple frown

bad_mama2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:19 AM

No, children of that age still need adult supervision. I'm sure there were warning signs that the parents ignored, such as animal torture and/or killing, kids don't normally stab someone else.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Children at age 12 shouldn't be left at home alone for fear they may murder someone? You have to be joking....

Quoting bad_mama2011:

simple frown

Chirinos
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:28 AM
I haven't herd anything about this. This is terrible I can't even imagine what the parents are going through. :-(
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 12, 2013 at 6:43 AM
4 moms liked this

My 9 year old stays at home sometimes, she also babysits for limited amounts of time for others. On occasion I will leave  her younger sisters with her if I have to run to Walgreens or what have you for a quick trip when they are sick. They fight, like all kids do, but never once have I worried about them murdering each other. You cannot hover over them every second. When will they learn? If you have actual fears your child may harm another? You have much larger issues that need to be addressed. 

Quoting bad_mama2011:

No, children of that age still need adult supervision. I'm sure there were warning signs that the parents ignored, such as animal torture and/or killing, kids don't normally stab someone else.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting bad_mama2011:

simple frown

bad_mama2011
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this

True, which they obviously didn't address or were too ignorant to suspect. I don't hover, but I would never leave my 9 year old home alone for any ammount of time. I think I would trust my kids to be home alone when they're 13-14, depending on how mature they are at that age.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

My 9 year old stays at home sometimes, she also babysits for limited amounts of time for others. On occasion I will leave  her younger sisters with her if I have to run to Walgreens or what have you for a quick trip when they are sick. They fight, like all kids do, but never once have I worried about them murdering each other. You cannot hover over them every second. When will they learn? If you have actual fears your child may harm another? You have much larger issues that need to be addressed. 

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting bad_mama2011:

simple frown

mommy1990426
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM
video games r usually thr blame. grand theft auto being a big one. the kids kill n fight things for points. Then move on to wanting to try it in the real world.

Quoting jeweldragons:

That is just sad.  If that 12 year old did do it who knows if he will be charged as an adult (probably not) in which case his record will be closed when he turns 18.  I wonder why he killed his sister.  Maybe they need to look into the kids' home life to see if something was going on or maybe the kid is just a sick sociopath.

fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on May. 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

This brings sibling rivalry to a whole new level.  The brother is clearly going to be trouble.  Lock his ass up and throw away the key.

I cannot imagine being his parents right now.  Poor little sister :( :( :(

HanaJoii
by New Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Wow... sounds like the whole family is going to need therapy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN