Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marriage Equality for all?

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 350 Replies

Watching Up and they are talking about marriage equality, that two people in love should be allowed to be married.  Does this mean that cousins, brothers and sisters, polygamists all deserve marriage equality.

by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTROX
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM

BUMP!

AussieArcana
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I think a marriage that will not adversely affect another person physically should be allowed. So Polygamy, yes, cousins, from 2nd and onwards already can. 1st cousins and siblings of full or half blood, hell now. If a child comes from that coupling it has a very very high chance of being severely mutated.

AussieArcana
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM

*no

JTROX
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting AussieArcana:

I think a marriage that will not adversely affect another person physically should be allowed. So Polygamy, yes, cousins, from 2nd and onwards already can. 1st cousins and siblings of full or half blood, hell now. If a child comes from that coupling it has a very very high chance of being severely mutated.

They don't have to have kids.  Gays can't create children together.

notabosley
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't be ridiculous.
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on May. 12, 2013 at 10:21 AM
11 moms liked this

Sure...

Who are we to tell them no? We may think it is icky, but familial marriage used to be quite common place. 

JTROX
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting notabosley:

Don't be ridiculous.

Not at all.  It seems hypocritical to ask for marriage "equality", but only for some.

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:31 AM
3 moms liked this

Polygamists, definitely (as long as all partners are consenting adults).  I'm not sure where I stand on the incest thing.  Just because there could be a risk to any children born of and incestual marriage, but IDK...I guess I'd need more info on that.  But generally, I say any two consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want with their lives as long as they're not hurting anyone. 

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not ridiculous.  It's a very logical question and has been asked many times before. 

Quoting notabosley:

Don't be ridiculous.

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM
3 moms liked this

Why the heck not? It's all consenting adults.If the arguement is that adults can live their lives as they see fit well then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured