Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My complaints about Obama

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 18 Replies
3 moms liked this

Yes, I have a few...

1, Guantanomo is still open, yes?

2, He totally did not keep his word on marijuana policy.

3, AHC ACA (sorry) is not what I had hoped for at all.

There are others but thats a good start.

I am not a blind Koolaid drinker who believes everything about the President I voted for is good.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on May. 12, 2013 at 12:41 PM

He did not exert the power over lobbyists I thought he would when he signed the legislation on lobbyists.

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
We are never going to be happy with everything a president does. I think most people who support Obama, myself included, feel exactly the way you do (despite the perception by some that we worship the ground he walks on).
I definitely agree with #1 and 2...still not sure about #3 yet.
Lizardannie1966
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM
3 moms liked this

He is a very impressive speaker and through that, he has made many voters heads spin with his stories of what he plans to implement and to "make better."

And like many impressive speakers before him, he has shown that he's like a sales person--trying to sell US, the voters on his concepts and plans yet perhaps not thoroughly knowing for sure that he'll see his ideas come to life.

How could he? He has an uphill battle as any president before him has, trying to see his goals and ideals come to fruition before the end of his term.

I think my biggest complaint is his often lack of foresight when it comes to a policy he's wanting to push through. I don't think there's enough time spent to look at every angle and dot all those i's and cross those t's.

With the voters breathing down his neck and his opponents watching his every move for any mistake he may make, how could he have that time?

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Agree.

Quoting Erinelizz:

We are never going to be happy with everything a president does. I think most people who support Obama, myself included, feel exactly the way you do (despite the perception by some that we worship the ground he walks on).

I definitely agree with #1 and 2...still not sure about #3 yet.
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with Erinelizz that no one will be happy with everything a president does. We need to look big picture...W did some stupid things too as has every president before him. Guess what, the next one won't be perfect either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM
6 moms liked this
My biggest issue right now is that the politicians in office are so dead set on being against each other that they can't get their shit together enough to work together and fix what needs fixing. That includes people on both sides (and yes, that includes Obama).
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

everyone has grand plans and ideas till they get the position and meet the pos known as congress

survivorinohio
by René on May. 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM

There is truth to that

Quoting glitterteaz:

everyone has grand plans and ideas till they get the position and meet the pos known as congress

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Blame congress for keeping Guantanamo open

I don't remember him promising to leagalize mj??

What's AHC?

The thing I am most upset with is the thing I knew I disagreed with him on when I voted for him both times

His Afghanistan policy - his position was better than the last two candidates but I still don't agree with it

Quoting survivorinohio:

Yes, I have a few...

1, Guantanomo is still open, yes?

2, He totally did not keep his word on marijuana policy.

3, AHC is not what I had hoped for at all.

There are others but thats a good start.

I am not a blind Koolaid drinker who believes everything about the President I voted for is good.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Not only that, but he hired a LOT of them to work at the WH which is totally against what he said and signed.

Quoting survivorinohio:

He did not exert the power over lobbyists I thought he would when he signed the legislation on lobbyists.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured