Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pitbulls

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 189 Replies
Are pitbulls viscious dogs..
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM
15 moms liked this

I'd ask mine but he is too busy sleeping on the sofa next to my daughter, all 4 paws in the air.  I'm not sure he's breathing, should probably check....

Oh yeah, they do tend to snore.

OneToughMami
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine is pretty dumb not viscious

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Mine is a big baby. I've coddled her too damn much. Any dog can be viscious though.
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I think all dogs have the potential to be viscious. I think all dogs have unique personality traits as per each dogs breed. Every single animal is inherently dangerous. It depends on how that animal was bred, raised and the social environment it lives in.

kashamom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Sorry but no. The vicious ones r the evil ankle biters that r not properly socialized and owned by the crazy dog lady, lol. 

OwlNuggets
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM
3 moms liked this

VICIOUS.

V i c i o u s

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Not any more than any other breed, provided all breeds were raised by the same person. Ever seen Ceaser Milan's herd if pits? All living in the same big area with each other and other breeds.

The problem with pits is the number of total idiot dudes (usually, though some ladies too) who get pits because they're "tough" and raise them as such. They chose the pit because of the false stereotype, and then proceed to put their dog into the stereotype. And then when the dog goes bad and hurts someone, suddenly it's the breed at fault, not the owner who didn't know what the hell they were doing... Or maybe they did, and were trying to create that kind of dog.

My husband had a female pit when I met him. She was the sweetest thing in the world. Better than the kelpie/cattledog mix we have now. I would have trusted her to be in the house alone with my baby. my little known fact... Pits make excellent sitters, historically speaking.
Anouck
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine's too busy being bugged by my 2 year old AND the cat to answer right now... But since they're launching a straight-up assault, and all he does is roll his eyes and sigh, I'd say he's not pretty vicious. Even though they CAN have a tendency to be dog aggressive (but most don't), they were actually specifically bred to be people friendly. Even Michael Vick's dogs (all fighting dogs) have all been adopted out, and showed no aggression. They're wonderful dogs that get a bad reputation because of the lowlifes who mistreat them.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I've had to shoot them.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Some are, most are very well mannered.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured