Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

There is a pedophile next door to me...

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM
  • 93 Replies

Seems like a nice guy.

Thoughts?

Do you live next to a sex offender?  Are you nice to them or do you avoid them?  I looked him up, his offense was over 20 years ago, one time, and he's been compliant since then.  Reading about him elicited exactly zero reaction from me, neither positive or negative.  

by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Did it list what his actual offence was? 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Hmmm we don't have one living near us. I wouldn't be happy to hear about one living by us.
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I don't have one near me. The nice thing about living in an apartment is they background check and don't allow felons to rent here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiriis
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM

He may have only got caught one time. My FIL only got caught one time, back in the 80's. Come to find out, he had been messing with my BIL since he was 4. 

emilysmom8
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM
3 moms liked this
As much as I apperciate those sex offender list they dont make me "comfortable" because I know who to avoid, instead I have to wonder who is out there that hasn't been caught and put on the list yet
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM
6 moms liked this

Is he a pedophile sex offender, or just a sex offender? Someone can be listed as a sex offender for the rest of their life for peeing in the bushes or having sex at 18 with a 15/16 year old... that doesn't make them a pedophile.

I guess I'm confused because in your title you used "pedophile", but in the body of your post you used "sex offender".

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

jllcali
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM
6 moms liked this
I hate to be cynical, but of course a pedophile "seems like a nice guy", children wouldn't like him if he acted like an asshole.
jllcali
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I don't have any sex offenders very close to me.
tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM

So is he actually a pedophile? Or what? 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM

There are 4 registered in my town. I don't know them. I don't know if any pedophiles are on my street. Most haven't been caught, therefore aren't registered.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN