Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you imagine learning that one of your relatives did something this horrific?

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 37 Replies

Castro Brothers Say They Knew Nothing About Ohio Kidnappings but Are Being Persecuted Nonetheless

by Julie Ryan Evans

Castro BrothersIn addition to the three women and child held captive and tortured in an Ohio House of Horrors, there may two others that were harmed by the actions of accused kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro -- his own brothers. Pedro and Onil Castro were originally detained along with him for their suspected involvement. Now, however, it seems they may have known nothing at all

The men -- who are currently in hiding along with other family members -- were released by police, and authorities say there's no evidence they had anything to do with the abduction or torture of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight. Despite that, however, their lives have been forever altered, and they've been the targets of much hate.

In an interview with CNN, which will air Monday, the men spoke about how they've had rocks thrown through the windows of their homes and have received death threats. They say they're not able to go home and believe that people will always suspect they had some involvement. Pedro said:

I couldn't never think of doing anything like that. If I knew that my brother was doing this ... I would not be, not -- in a minute, I would call the cops because that ain't right. But yeah, it's going to haunt me down because people going to think, yeah, Pedro got something to do with this and Pedro don't have nothing to do with this. If I knew, I would have reported it, brother or no brother.

It's heartbreaking on so many levels. First to realize that someone you share blood with could be such a sick, twisted individual, and you had no clue. But then to have people think you could have anything to do with it is just unimaginable. I feel for them, and hope that with time and perhaps more assurances from police that they had no involvement or knowledge that they can resume their lives as normally as is possible in the wake of this horrific crime.

Click for video

Can you imagine learning that one of your relatives did something this horrific?

by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Linda on May. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I can imagine that, yes. I've got so pretty weird relatives. Happily, I don't have their last name, so the connection would be hard(er) to make.

dawnie1
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

No, my Hub's family is another story. Seriously, what a nightmare all around.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Same here.

Quoting LindaClement:

I can imagine that, yes. I've got so pretty weird relatives. Happily, I don't have their last name, so the connection would be hard(er) to make.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

If they were in contact with Castro and visited him for any real length of time at his home on many occasions then i'd say I do not believe they had no inkling of something wrong.Three women being held hostage and abused in his home PLUS a child..and they didn't see or hear ANYTHING odd? Not uh don't buy that.

No I could not imagine this with any of my relative's and I have a few who are off the wall but this no.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I have a cousin who's a sociopath and she takes care of old people. I'm just waiting for the news story to come out about her murdering a long string of elderly people along the east coast. 

Karen_29
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM

My husband's side has some odd people in it so yeah I could believe it...

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM

DH's best friend who shared our home for 3 or 4 years beat an elderly man to death. The man was a friend of the family and he was supposed to be accompanying him on a long road trip.

I still can barely believe it. We hadn't spoken to him for sometime when it happened...his life had taken a turn for the worst in many ways and i was newly pregnant so it was better than we didn't interact with him. Obviously we knew there was something wrong with him but he wasn't a violent person. I was never afraid of him, only of the people he might bring around.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Yes, I could imagine it. One in-law- without a doubt. I do not allow my children near him; he is just OFF. My children feel very uncomfortable around him as well. I do not 'think" he would do anything but also, I would not be too surprised. And another in-law as well does have a secret petty criminal history; non-violent stuff; but she could easily be charged for crap like harassment and stalking. She wouldn't do much other than that. But, yeah- if her name appeared in thepaper, I would not be too surprised either.

meriana
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Doing genealogy I've always wanted to find and have been on the lookout for a "black sheep" but this...uh, that's way way way way too black. I feel sorry for any future genealogists of that family.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I would not be surprised to learn of a relative that would do something this bizzare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured