Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How big is the IRS scandal? Does it surprise you at all?

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 59 Replies

How far do you think this scandal goes? Does it surprise you to learn that the IRS is likely doing this to people?

"The IRS inspector general will release an audit sometime this week, but congressional aides gave several media outlets a draft of the audit. According to the document, IRS employees in the Cincinnati office used several troublesome phrases to single out 501(c)4 applicants for review — including, at various points between 2010 and May 2012, groups that 'criticize how the country is being run,' aim to educate Americans 'on the Constitution and Bill of Rights,' and lobby to 'make America a better place to live.'" [full story here]

by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on May. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM
6 moms liked this

Does it surprise you at all?

Not even a tiny little bit.  This administration seems to be all about shutting people up.  How many of the Benghazi whistleblowers were threatened and demoted?

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM

In The heartland, no less-

Not even on the evil coasts.

strictgram
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Heads should roll-literally!

LindaClement
by Linda on May. 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Doesn't surprise me a bit... big bureaucracies attract this kind of thinking.

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Does not surprise me in the slightest. do a quick search into how many often conservatives get audited, even though nothing has been found wrong in previous audits.

areid1023
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Bump.
usmc0351wife
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Nope doesn't surprise I fact I expect nothing less of this corrupt government we have and it's on both sides of the aisle. 

MsDenuninani
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this

I think this scandal is horrible, and in my opinion, conservatives should spend more time on this than they are on Benghazi.

It doesn't shock me -- people find ways to abuse whatever power they have all the time -- but when we're talking about something like this, which has ramifications to our first amendment right to assemble, I think we need to send a strong message that it won't be tolerated.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on May. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting candlegal:

Does it surprise you at all?

Not even a tiny little bit.  This administration seems to be all about shutting people up.  How many of the Benghazi whistleblowers were threatened and demoted?

Oh yes. 

Because if we say it, it must be true.

Because if we heard it on Fux Newz it must be true.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
This exactly.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

I think this scandal is horrible, and in my opinion, conservatives should spend more time on this than they are on Benghazi.

It doesn't shock me -- people find ways to abuse whatever power they have all the time -- but when we're talking about something like this, which has ramifications to our first amendment right to assemble, I think we need to send a strong message that it won't be tolerated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured