Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hillary/Christie ticket in 2016. Would you go for it?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Hillary/Christie 2016

Options:

Would love to see it happen and would consider voting for them

Would love to see it happen but would not consider voting for them

Would not like to see this happen and would not vote for them

other with explanation in comments because someone will ask for this option.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

I am sick of partisan politics and extremities in the sides.....A split ticket could be helpful in my opinion.

I know this pairing has a very slim chance of actually happening.....But let's just say it did for the sake of debate.

What are your thoughts?

Neon Washable Paint

by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Why?

Quoting jean_marie1987:

I disagree with a woman (any woman) as president.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Just so Hill is on top.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Yea. Why?

Quoting ashellbell:

Why?

Quoting jean_marie1987:

romalove
by Roma on May. 13, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

There is no way Christie would be second banana to anyone that I can think of, and to think he would cross parties to do it for Hillary is truly unthinkable.

He is an alpha dog, and wants to be the alpha dog.

I think he believes he has a shot to be President, so no reason to be VP.

p.s.  I will vote for him, I'm a NJ resident who thinks he's done a great job

survivorinohio
by René on May. 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I think Hilary has aged so much in the last few yrs I dont think she will run.  If she did I dont know if I would vote for her.

jean_marie1987
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Neither. It's really a dumb reason, but I stand by it- people respond better to men. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. Maybe in the future a woman would have a better chance, but not now. Then again, I'd love to be proven wrong (not sure if Hilary is the right one though).

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting jean_marie1987:

going crazywhy...because they "get their periods" ? Or because they should be a wife and mother ONLY?

Gahhhhhhh......

cammibear
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I would not vote for them separate or together.

I'm not against a true bi-partisan ticket, though I do prefer a fiscally conservative patriot for a President. At this point, I'll settle for a patriot, someone that loves this country and is not a progressive globalist sell-out. That eliminates Hillary. If Christie would consider teaming with her, then that would eliminate him also.
Lizard_Lina
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Take Hillary out and replace her eith a different name my opinion on the idea might change

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Switch the names........add in whomever.........

Not interested in such a  ticket or are we so much better off sticking to what we have always done.............your side, my side?

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 13, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
What about countries that have/had female presidents? What about states with female governors? They seem to be responded to rather well.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Neither. It's really a dumb reason, but I stand by it- people respond better to men. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. Maybe in the future a woman would have a better chance, but not now. Then again, I'd love to be proven wrong (not sure if Hilary is the right one though).

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting jean_marie1987:

going crazywhy...because they "get their periods" ? Or because they should be a wife and mother ONLY?

Gahhhhhhh......

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM

He has very "New Jersey"-like mannerisms and gestures. many of the candidates that run for the presidency and ultimately win tend to be more stripped down and generic in their speech and manners. So far, Christie is all Jersey. (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

What do you mean by "new jersey like"?

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I could never ever see this as even a remote possibility so even to imagine it-nope- I can not even go there. each are such staunch party-people. Yeah- I know- Christie is all for bi-part but honestly, when push comes to shove, Chrsitie is all Repub. He just knows how to work it. Or fakes it enough to make people think he is bi-part.Besides, he just does not have what it takes to run a repub ticket to the white house. He is too "New Jersey-like" and a turn off to many.

Hilary will take the ticket for the dems. IDK about the repubs yet; I thought it might be Rubio but now, I'm not too sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN