Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hillary/Christie ticket in 2016. Would you go for it?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Hillary/Christie 2016

Options:

Would love to see it happen and would consider voting for them

Would love to see it happen but would not consider voting for them

Would not like to see this happen and would not vote for them

other with explanation in comments because someone will ask for this option.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

I am sick of partisan politics and extremities in the sides.....A split ticket could be helpful in my opinion.

I know this pairing has a very slim chance of actually happening.....But let's just say it did for the sake of debate.

What are your thoughts?

Neon Washable Paint

by on May. 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I'm not challenging it, I'm asking you about states and countries that have female leaders that have challenged your opinion, what say you about that?

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Like I said... I stand by my opinion.

Quoting ashellbell:

What about countries that have/had female presidents? What about states with female governors? They seem to be responded to rather well.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Neither. It's really a dumb reason, but I stand by it- people respond better to men. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. Maybe in the future a woman would have a better chance, but not now. Then again, I'd love to be proven wrong (not sure if Hilary is the right one though).

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting jean_marie1987:

I disagree with a woman (any woman) as president.

going crazywhy...because they "get their periods" ? Or because they should be a wife and mother ONLY?

Gahhhhhhh......

romalove
by Roma on May. 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Neither. It's really a dumb reason, but I stand by it- people respond better to men. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. Maybe in the future a woman would have a better chance, but not now. Then again, I'd love to be proven wrong (not sure if Hilary is the right one though).

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting jean_marie1987:

going crazywhy...because they "get their periods" ? Or because they should be a wife and mother ONLY?

Gahhhhhhh......

You're right.

That's a dumb reason.

Mostly, because it is untrue.

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM

The first woman president needs to be someone who didn't allow their cheating husband to make a fool of them for most of their married life.      Monica was a step up from Bill's usual bimbos!

jhslove
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Maybe! I don't know enough about Chris Christie to be able to make a firm judgment, but what I do know of him I like.

I agree with you that partisanship is the downfall of modern politics. I would LOVE to see a split ticket.

jhslove
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVgHaTPM38a

Your comment made me think of this clip from 30 Rock......

"Oh no! My period!"

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Gahhhhhhh......

Numom61507
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Hilary? Yes. Christie? No. 

A split ticket is an awesome idea but not those two.

jean_marie1987
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:23 PM
States are smaller than countries (some of them anyway), and other countries are not ours. I do not believe our country is ready for a female president.
Challenge away, but I don't think I can help you see my perspective...

Quoting ashellbell:

I'm not challenging it, I'm asking you about states and countries that have female leaders that have challenged your opinion, what say you about that?

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Like I said... I stand by my opinion.

Quoting ashellbell:

What about countries that have/had female presidents? What about states with female governors? They seem to be responded to rather well.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Gahhhhhhh......

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Probably not. The problem lies within people like yourself. Gender should matter not when selecting a leader. I think the example you're setting to young women is rather piss poor. Do you have a daughter? Would you tell her she can be anything she wants to be except a leader because even you wouldn't take her seriously?

Quoting jean_marie1987:States are smaller than countries (some of them anyway), and other countries are not ours. I do not believe our country is ready for a female president.
Challenge away, but I don't think I can help you see my perspective...

Quoting ashellbell:I'm not challenging it, I'm asking you about states and countries that have female leaders that have challenged your opinion, what say you about that?

Quoting jean_marie1987:Like I said... I stand by my opinion.

Quoting ashellbell:What about countries that have/had female presidents? What about states with female governors? They seem to be responded to rather well.

Quoting jean_marie1987:Neither. It's really a dumb reason, but I stand by it- people respond better to men. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. Maybe in the future a woman would have a better chance, but not now. Then again, I'd love to be proven wrong (not sure if Hilary is the right one though).

Quoting lga1965: 
Quoting jean_marie1987:I disagree with a woman (any woman) as president.
 why...because they "get their periods" ? Or because they should be a wife and mother ONLY?
Gahhhhhhh......
WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I'd like to see it.

Kristanna
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Not only no but HELL NO. What is wrong with you people? Do you not care Hillary Clinton is a LIAR? Are you so hell bent on 'woman power' you will overlook what she is?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)