Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Serial bully banned from all schools.

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 124 Replies
2 moms liked this

Quote:

‘Serial Bully’ Banned From All Schools After She Beats Up Classmate & Videotapes It (VIDEO)

by Kiri Blakeley 5 hours ago

A judge has decided that one 14-year-old girl in Jacksonville, Florida isnot fit for any of the schools in that county. Not because she's a genius. And not because she has disabilities. But because she's allegedly an inveterate bully. The eighth grader allegedly lured classmate Aria Jewett off school grounds and then attacked her while 30 students stood around watching. The fight was videotaped. Aria suffered a fractured skull. The attacker girl was arrested. Aria's parents asked for an injunction to keep the girl out of Aria's school but the judgment surprised even them. The judge declared that the girl was too much of a danger for her to be in any of the public schools in the entire county.

Said Florida Circuit Court Judge Henry Davis in his ruling:

This child is a threat to all of the children at any school. The injunction is a permanent injunction barring this child from returning to any public school in Duval County.

Seems like a common sense approach, but the school's superintendent actually disagrees. The superintendent, Nikolai Vitti, says:

I don't think we should use the bad decision that children make outside of school as an example or scapegoat to make a message.

He reportedly went on to say that education is a constitutional right, and that even a girl who smashes another girl's head and videotapes it deserves one. The unnamed girl already has a lawyer and the lawyer is trying to return her to county public schools.

This shows you just about everything that is wrong with schools (and parenting) these days. Students are living in fear of kids like this bullying girl, and yet what appears to be more important to the girl's parents and the school's superintendent is that she gets her education! Never mind that the education system had failed her so far. Perhaps it was teaching her math and science, but it certainly wasn't teaching her empathy or humanity. I think she needs a different school -- the school of Hard Knocks.

I don't mean like the hard knocks she gave Aria, that fractured her skull and could have killed her. I mean the school that says if you screw up, you pay for it. And if you screw up repeatedly -- as allegedly this girl had numerous videotaped beatings to her name -- then you pay royally. And that means maybe your parents -- who seem more concerned about hiring you a lawyer than teaching you how to behave -- have to move away or home school you. Sounds like instead of spending money on a lawyer, they could have bought their daughter a tutor and a lifetime supply of anger management classes. I wonder if Vitti would be fine sending a daughter of his into a classroom with this girl?

Do you think this girl should be allowed back in schools?

Image via CBS News

Link to the story is HERE.

Do you think she should be allowed back in to school?

Myself, no.

Nor do I agree with the statement that school failed to teach her empathy and humanity.  While schools, or some of the teachers and admin, can certainly teach a child along these lines by their own actions, it is not the school responsibility to 'teach' these things.  There is no class designated for this.  This should be taught, and shown, at home.

by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inspain
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM
13 moms liked this

She's an unrepentant thug.  School is wasted on her and she's a menace to kids who might actually benefit from an education.  If school is really important to her, I'm sure she'll find a way to get a GED in prison.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM
4 moms liked this

I agree with the judge.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree she's a threat but I'm curious, has anyone tried counseling to find the root of her issues? There's a reason a young girl is so filled with hatred, angst and total disregard for others. Sickening too that 30 people watched.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, lets keep molly coddling thugs, it is done such wonders for this country thus far. *eye roll*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM
8 moms liked this

she can home school via internet thru the school system. she can go to an alternative school.. she's a dangerous criminal and the rights of the other children at the school  to a safe environment trump this criminal's right to an education.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I agree she's a threat but I'm curious, has anyone tried counseling to find the root of her issues? There's a reason a young girl is so filled with hatred, angst and total disregard for others. Sickening too that 30 people watched.

I agree...although my cousins boy has ALWAYS been a menace to other kids from the day he started school.  He has asperges* and other ADHD problems.

Its starts with the wanting attention, the getting either good or bad attention, which can then grow to paranoia and then to violence.  Now hes with a gang...so he has gotten what he wants most in this world...a lot of attention!

He was raised by his grandparents whose spoilt ways made him worse IMO 

lga1965
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Holy cow! What is it with this new kind of bully---girls who beat people up  with no thought,with no conscience? She needs to be jailed, not admitted to any school.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM
She has the right to and education...asshole or not.
teri4lance
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting UpSheRises:

there are alternatives to traditional public school. and she's not merely an asshole. she's a violent repeat offender. would you want your child in her class?

Without ME there would be no awesome!

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM
9 moms liked this
She can go to school online or her parents can have her homeschooled. Her right to an education does not trump other children's right to not get their faces pounded by a thug who can not control herself.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)